New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    So yung battery nung isang gen set na-drain yung power, whic is used to crank up the 9 working gen sets, tama ba?

Malas lang.....
    Halatang walang nagro-routine maint sa mga gen sets ng T3.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tahimik nanaman si Pnoy?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    emergency generators are suppose to run every week and put on line once a month. i worked at the heart center many many years ago (late 80's) and this was the standard practice even then. to me this means they are not doing their weekly test run and monthly "on load" test of their generators, both to test the generators, the synchronizing system and the switch gears. and 5 hours! nah, somebody is lying there somewhere. i think they were either out of diesel or the people in-charge did not know what to do.

also, sabi ng meralco na-restor ang power from the substation after 1 minute. how hard is it to throw a transfer switch? improperly maintained or they do not know.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    If I were Pnoy, this is where I draw the line -Abaya and Honrado should submit their resignation papers on Monday! You want to support the administration yet you have this embarrassing situation that slaps you in the face and leave you hurting ang frustrated. Meantime Abaya will just issue a general statement that he will look into the generator system when obviously it is more than that. What an incompetent and ineffective head that should be severed with a sharp ax!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    bro IMO suntok sa buwan yan si abaya will submit his resignation to Pnoy? malaki ang pakinabang ni Pnoy sa kanya. kung walang silbi na sino man sa member ng cabinete ni Pnoy adios kaagad like what happened to Binay. heto ang palaging sinasabi ni Abaya sa media interview... "I serve at the pleasure of PNoy" onga naman ano ang paki ni Abaya sating mga taxpayer?
    Palace: Abaya serves at the pleasure of PNoy | ABS-CBN News

OT- bro bat ba di mo na lang pina divert ang arrival ng mga plane kagabi sa mala isla mong rancho??? hehe

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Power generation is a critical element of an airport operation!
    Kung 9/10 na gen-sets ang pwede bakit inabot ng 5 hrs ang outage. Something is not right definitely sa kanyang power generation system and besides bakit wala bang black start gen-sets in case the standby units don't kicks in?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    malabo pa ring mag-resign o masibak si abaya & honrado. Bff ng Daang Matuwid.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    Power generation is a critical element of an airport operation!
    Kung 9/10 na gen-sets ang pwede bakit inabot ng 5 hrs ang outage. Something is not right definitely sa kanyang power generation system ?
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    may mga ilan namumuno sa ating government officials di muna nag-iisip ng tamang dahilan para kahit papano i-misinform sana ang public. ang tingin nila satin t*ng* pero sa tanong mong yan sila ang mas or should I say pinaka t*ng*

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009

aftermath

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post
    Parang mas worse pa ang T3 kesa T1 I can't imagine 5hrs na walang power yon nga may power napakainit na sa loob lahat ng passenger pawisan lalo na mga 3PM pag palubog na araw sakto sa depature
    Yan din naisip ko. I better avoid all airlines in T3

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    emergency generators are suppose to run every week and put on line once a month. i worked at the heart center many many years ago (late 80's) and this was the standard practice even then. to me this means they are not doing their weekly test run and monthly "on load" test of their generators, both to test the generators, the synchronizing system and the switch gears. and 5 hours! nah, somebody is lying there somewhere. i think they were either out of diesel or the people in-charge did not know what to do.

also, sabi ng meralco na-restor ang power from the substation after 1 minute. how hard is it to throw a transfer switch? improperly maintained or they do not know.
    i agree, we do this at BPO's to ensure generators will kick-in in an event of an power outage, foreign clients just won't accept the fact that most calls gets disconnected when the city power dies...

they ran out of diesel thats the most logical thing... the airport is full of vehicles with batteries they can collect to start-up the generators, but the main fault is not practicing proper genset maintenance, ensuring it will work when needed...

a lot of things can happen when the power is out, either you can bring in things (or out) in the darkness of the night

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast