New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Chinese FB blockers? Use a prostate (replace state with xy to get my real meaning) site like schooltupac.com. It allows you to have cookied sessions via a third party prostate that isn't blocked in China.

Unfortunately, the firewall in China gets updated regularly, so it's unknown how long a particular third-party prostate site will stay up. Even just the mention of the word might ring alarm bells with the censors. (That's why I won't type it... baka maban yung page na ito!) There are lists that update regularly, but I don't know if you can access them from there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Blocked ang FB at Twitter sa China. Google search blocjed minsan ang search results. Buti tsikot di blocked...
    he-heh! pati nga google search, naka-block.
    iba pala rito.

okay, BTT na......

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Blocked ang FB at Twitter sa China. Google search blocjed minsan ang search results. Buti tsikot di blocked...
    kaya hirap na hirap ang mga kano na bilugin mga utak ng mga intsik kasi di sila basta-basta makapasok.
    yan ang pagkakamali ng mga middle astern countries na bumasak ang mga dictators nila like sa libya ang egypt.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Pansin ko sa mga airport personnel laging gutom. Parang kating-kati manghingi ng pera walang kapride-pride.

About pinoy food? The best ang kakanins sa province. Bibingka, puto bungbung, tupig, pichi-pichi....etc

But pag main food na paguusapan ay grabe pagkain lasenggo yan. Kailangan mo mahilo para maging palatable. Dinuguan, sinigang na baboy, liempo, lechon......yucckkkk!!! Im not muslim but ayaw ko talaga nakakaduwal. Sa bahay pag naamoy ko na ganyan ulam magbubukas na lang ako corned beef. Ewan ko ba bakit sarap na sarap mga kasama ko dito sa pinoy food. Hindi ko magets bakit ang hilig sa baboy ng pinoy.

Ang nagustuhan ko pinoy food yung tinolang native na manok. But matagal na ako hindi nakakain ulit.

The only pork dish i will eat are siomai, dumplings and bacon. But still im not fond of pork. Chinese cuisine is the best in the world.Hindi malansa ang variation ng pork at may art kahit papaano. Sa pinoy konting chop-chop at pakulo tapos na. Pang fear factor. :suka:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So? There's no Canadian Food... no Mexican Food (fast food lang tingin nila diyan)... no Pakistani cuisine, Israeli cuisine or...
    Those countries are not Asian (well, except Pakistan.) In practically all major cities of the world, you'll find a Thai restaurant, a Vietnamese, a Korean, A Jap, a Chinese...

You're bored because the people you know have no imagination (or are very cheap) and prepare only the same things every time. There's a difference between everyday and cheap party food and first-class dishes (like those in restos). Luckily we live in Laguna and our palate palette is kind of broad due to the wide variety of veggies and fish we can buy. Our Lola's kitchen was great when she was alive. One night it would be fish, then ginataang crabs, then mussels in sinigang, then Steamed Lapu-lapu... It's a little more than toyo and asukal.
    I actually prepare my own meals now. And I'm actually half-Kapampangan. And I tell you they're overrated as cooks. And I live near Gensan, where there's a billion dollar fishing industry.

Like I said, spend a long amount of time in any foreign household (not hoity toity super rich households, ha... regular everyday ones) and you'll eventually get sick of the food, too.
    Just like if you spend a long amount of time in a regular Pinoy household. You'll get sick of Pinoy food before you know it.

The greatest culinary cultures are Latin and Chinese, which we inherited. Unfortunately we didn't inherit their sophistication. Actually masarap naman talaga dapat ang Pinoy food, the problem, as I've said, is that most Pinoys have baduy tastes. Madaling makuntento. Like 99.9% of them.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboy View Post
    Pansin ko sa mga airport personnel laging gutom. Parang kating-kati manghingi ng pera walang kapride-pride.

About pinoy food? The best ang kakanins sa province. Bibingka, puto bungbung, tupig, pichi-pichi....etc

But pag main food na paguusapan ay grabe pagkain lasenggo yan. Kailangan mo mahilo para maging palatable. Dinuguan, sinigang na baboy, liempo, lechon......yucckkkk!!! Im not muslim but ayaw ko talaga nakakaduwal. Sa bahay pag naamoy ko na ganyan ulam magbubukas na lang ako corned beef. Ewan ko ba bakit sarap na sarap mga kasama ko dito sa pinoy food. Hindi ko magets bakit ang hilig sa baboy ng pinoy.

Ang nagustuhan ko pinoy food yung tinolang native na manok. But matagal na ako hindi nakakain ulit.

The only pork dish i will eat are siomai, dumplings and bacon. But still im not fond of pork. Chinese cuisine is the best in the world.Hindi malansa ang variation ng pork at may art kahit papaano. Sa pinoy konting chop-chop at pakulo tapos na. Pang fear factor. :suka:
    Ang hindi ko magets bat ang hilig hilig ng Pinoy sa pancit bihon (well, I like bihon sotanghon. It's bihon but uses sotanghon noodles instead), pancit guisado and palabok (pero gusto ko malabon, which is just palabok but the sauce is richer and the noodles are parang spaghetti.) Iniiwasan ko ngang pumunta sa isang kapitbahay ko pag merienda time na kasi palagi siyang nagluluto ng mga ganyan at palagi niya akong pinapakain. Hindi naman ako makatanggi.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hinde na worst but hated...next year, numbah one!

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/11...-hated-airport

CNN ranks NAIA as world's '5th most hated airport'
    By Ira Pedrasa, abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 11/09/2011 4:56 PM | Updated as of 11/09/2011 6:20 PM

MANILA, Philippines - CNN said the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) brings the term “stuck in the 1970s” to a whole new level.

In an article titled “World's 10 most hated airports,” CNN’s Jordane Rane said up to the present, NAIA is “beleaguered by ground crew strikes, unkempt conditions, soup kitchen-style lines that feed into more lines and an overall sense of futility.”

It noted the rash of bad press it got, including the “Worst in the World” by the Sleeping in Airport blog.

This was capped, however, by a “collapsed ceiling in Terminal 1, a paralyzing ground service strike at T2, and the usual charges of tampered luggage, filthy restrooms, seat shortages at gates, re-sealed water bottles sold in retail shops and an Amazing Race-style check-in routine spiked with bureaucracy, broken escalators, lengthy Dot Matrix passenger lists and creative airport departure fees.”

It even told passengers to “wear a helmet.”

President Benigno Aquino III earlier said a new plan to improve the airport will soon be presented to him.

"It's a 30-year-old structure. It has suffered the ravages of time. A plan for improving it aesthetically and structurally will be presented to me by Tuesday next week. But it will be a stopgap measure for the next 4 or 5 years," Aquino said, in response to a question sent by a YouTube user regarding the government's plans to improve the airport.

Most hated airports

Nonetheless, NAIA was better off at number 5, compared to the top 3 that belonged to the world’s supposed best economies.

Paris-Charles de Gaulle in Paris, France emerged at number one. The article read, “grimy washrooms with missing toilet seats don’t help. Nor do broken scanning machines and an overall lack of signage, gate information screens and Paris-worthy bars, restaurants or cafés.”

The article also noted the “baffling” layout of the airport. To cap it off, however, the worst part is the airport’s “aura of indifference.”

“If you’re actually staying in Paris, you may be okay. If you have the gall to just be passing through between Malaga and Montreal, you can cut the spite of this place with a cheese knife,” the article read.

Second place went to the Los Angeles International Airport. The article noted, “[its] unsupportive donut-shaped design -- it’s been called 'eight terminals connected by a traffic jam' -- makes dashing between airlines feel like a diesel-scented cardio test.”

Third place, on the other hand, went to London Heathrow in England. The article read, “Parking messes. Busted baggage carousels. Deadlocked security lines. Long walks (or, more commonly, runs) between gates to a frenzied soundtrack of ‘last call’ announcements. Realizations that getting out of Heathrow took longer than actually flying here from Madrid.”

Fourth place was given to Toncontín International, Tegucigalpa, Honduras. The article noted, “When do the most common airport gripes about inefficiency, uncomfortable gate chairs, dirty floors and lousy dining options suddenly become irrelevant? When you’re preoccupied about whether your 757 will actually be able to stop before the runway does.”

CNN’s ten most hated airports are:

10. São Paulo-Guarulhos International, São Paulo, Brazil
    9. Perth Airport, Perth, Australia
    8. Tribhuvan International, Kathmandu, Nepal
    7. John F. Kennedy International, New York, United States
    6. Jomo Kenyatta International, Nairobi, Kenya
    5. Ninoy Aquino International, Manila, Philippines
    4. Toncontín International, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
    3. London Heathrow, London, England
    2. Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, United States
    1. Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris, France

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kaya lang naman nagkakagulo sa LAX ay dahil sa dami ng mga Kababayan natin na bumibiyahe na sangkaterba ang dalang Balikbayan Boxes.... Pinakamahaba at pinakamagulo palagi ang pila ng PAL na direct flight to/from Manila.... :hysterical:

(Paglabas mo nga from Immigration, tatanungin ka ng mga Kano kung may dala kang Cornick)....

14.3K:eathis:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Kaya lang naman nagkakagulo sa LAX ay dahil sa dami ng mga Kababayan natin na bumibiyahe na sangkaterba ang dalang Balikbayan Boxes.... Pinakamahaba at pinakamagulo palagi ang pila ng PAL na direct flight to/from Manila.... :hysterical:

(Paglabas mo nga from Immigration, tatanungin ka ng mga Kano kung may dala kang Cornick)....

14.3K:eathis:
    Lalung lalu na sa boarding area. Kahit saang airport, basta meron flight na bound for Pinas, sobrang gulo!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The French? Bad hosts? Ridiculous!

Sing with me... "Be... our... guest, be our guest, put our service to the test..."

Quote Originally Posted by eld View Post
    Those countries are not Asian (well, except Pakistan.) In practically all major cities of the world, you'll find a Thai restaurant, a Vietnamese, a Korean, A Jap, a Chinese...
    And yet... what Mongolian food have you seen except Mongolian barbecue? Which isn't even Mongolian. I got a kick out of Ian Wright's Mongolian trip.

I actually prepare my own meals now. And I'm actually half-Kapampangan. And I tell you they're overrated as cooks. And I live near Gensan, where there's a billion dollar fishing industry.
    Oh man... Tuna, tuna, tuna... though tuna is also over-rated... Just yesterday we went to the market to buy pusit (for grilling), fish, coconut and "batotoy." Had tinola with buko and clams for lunch. Probably eating stuffed squid later... Man... now I'm getting hungry.

Forgive me, but I come from a family blessed with good cooks. My Lola kept a grand kitchen, buying a wide variety of fresh ingredients from the local market every morning. One of her cooks still prepares party food. My grand-aunt used to teach at UP, and some of the professors still remember her there, even though she's been gone these past twenty years. And since my uncle married into the Barrio Fiesta family, family potlucks back in the 80's were fantastic, with several sources of great local dishes and sweets.

Again... depends on who does the cooking and how creative they are. You can't compare a foreign resto to typical cheap home-cooked fare.

Just like if you spend a long amount of time in a regular Pinoy household. You'll get sick of Pinoy food before you know it.
    Like I said... not every Chinese kitchen is Szechuan... live like a typical Chinese family and all you'll be eating is boiled cabbage. Or stir-fried left-overs (which, nowadays, we pay good money to eat in Chinese restos as "chopsuey").

And no, I'm not sick of Filipino food. I grew up on good Filipino food, and my wife knows how to do more than make adobo.

The greatest culinary cultures are Latin and Chinese, which we inherited. Unfortunately we didn't inherit their sophistication.
    It's kind of unfair to compare. China is made up of dozens of provinces with a huge number of local flavors developed in one of the oldest surviving cultures in the world. We can't match them for sheer numbers, but I wouldn't say we don't have our share of hits.

Actually masarap naman talaga dapat ang Pinoy food, the problem, as I've said, is that most Pinoys have baduy tastes. Madaling makuntento. Like 99.9% of them.
    True naman of most "westernized" nations. Burgers, fries. Hell... go to Japan nowadays and they're getting fat off of fried western foods... India is another matter... they're too busy going to the bathroom after eating too much vindaloo...

Yeah... it would be nice if the typical Pinoy consumer had a more sophisticated palate. And if more local flavor restos had survived the last two decades. Years from now, all people will know of Pinoy cooking might be carabao tapa from Cabalen. And that would be sad.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

NAIA: Worst Airport in Asia, 5th in the World