2. Join Date
    Aug 2005

Jesuits Optical Observatory, Ermita 1899 Photo

Saint Juan de Dios Hospital and Royal Street, Manila Photo 1905

-source
    http://nostalgiamanila.blogspot.com

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    its one bad thing about pinoy instead of preserving a natural beauty wherein they thought they are protecting what natures gave, pinoys work their way for money in the expense of nature...

for this matter, it is not only manila, look at boracay then and now, yes there might have been a lot of tourist who flocks the island, but if you compare the photos of then and now, you'll start to realize that we only cruelly damage the almost perfect ambiance.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Nice one indeed...

There are only 2 "species" identified that habituate an area then destroy what's in it and then move on to another and repeat the process.....VIRUS and HUMANS.

That is why we are doomed to destroy ourselves...To me that is the APOCALYPSE. It is of our own doing and by the looks of it the journey is now on the tailend---the unabated and wanton destruction of NATURE.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Nice one indeed...

There are only 2 "species" identified that habituate an area then destroy what's in it and then move on to another and repeat the process.....VIRUS and HUMANS.

That is why we are doomed to destroy ourselves...To me that is the APOCALYPSE. It is of our own doing and by the looks of it the journey is now on the tailend---the unabated and wanton destruction of NATURE.
    mmm...in other countries such as Singapore...Singapore is better now than it was before, been there. Japan is able to preserve the shadows of their past and their new structures doesn't destroy the harmony in any ways, been there too...also south Korea, though I haven't been there yet...the point is it's not the human race in general...just some who, in majority in their country, thinks as a crab...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nakikita at naabutan ko pa yung ilang tracks ng tram noong late 90's sa San Fernando St. sa Binondo e at naabutan ko pa kahoy yung dalawang tulay sa Gandara St. di ko alam kung pre war pa ba yung mga tulay na yan, at cementado na at Padilla St. na ngayon

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hello guys, I'm a new member of the forums...I joined mainly because of this thread. I'd just like to ask whether these photos are already public domain? I'm in need of some photos of the old Intramuros and was wondering if the photos found here can be published freely? Or if you guys know a site/archives where they have digital copies of the photos? Please help. It will be much appreciated. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by juanfernando View Post
    Hello guys, I'm a new member of the forums...I joined mainly because of this thread. I'd just like to ask whether these photos are already public domain? I'm in need of some photos of the old Intramuros and was wondering if the photos found here can be published freely? Or if you guys know a site/archives where they have digital copies of the photos? Please help. It will be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi,

Most of those photos came from this forum:
    http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=627616

I suggest you visit the forum thread in the above link.
    Try to find the original posters of those picture and check with them.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The China Clipper flying boat arrives in Manila (1935).

President Quezon talks like a ... Filipino.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8SkeE1h_-A"]YouTube - 1935.11.29 China Clipper's Inaugural Flight Alameda/Manila[/ame]

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Yep, I miss those days na malinis yung mga daan...and you got those yellow dressed metro manila aides cleaning the streets, ngayon eh wala na sila and you got a bunch of haphazard stuff just lying around on the streets.

I admire Lito Atienza for trying to revive Manila..specially the Roxas Blvd. strip...too bad that Lim got back into power..ang pangit na ulit tuloy ng area...lots of bums lying around instead of restaurant and bars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Manila before the war... how beautiful it used to be...