Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Wow

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Beautification drives & projects are fine but it does not change the kind of people in the area.

And the Philippine political system is corrupted to the core. From the top to the bottom of the barrel. I don't see anyway within the system itself to correct such a problem.

i hate to say this but agree ako kay GH, wala na tayo pag asa...i can't even start to describe the corruption in our country...noon umasa ako na si PNOY na ang pag asa,..pero tama sila..papogi lang ito..

ni hindi nya masolusyonan ang problema sa AFP..ni wala akong naririnig na balita tungkol sa sinabi nya about this issue.

takot din sya na mag withraw ng support ang AFP sa kanya kaya no wonder tahimik sya.

if we look back to our history...it was the fault of MLQ, he has his selfish reason why he utter this words "I prefer a government run like HELL by Filipinos, than Government Run Like Heaven by Americans"..

we are exactly in HELL right now...he wanted it so bad to become the Philippines 1st Filipino to head the country.

source:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_L._Quezon

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by andywesteast View Post

Invasion of the SKWAKINGS
    woohoo! a classic example of "pwede na yan" mentality. pwede na basta may bubong! woohoo!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Beautification drives & projects are fine but it does not change the kind of people in the area.

And the Philippine political system is corrupted to the core. From the top to the bottom of the barrel. I don't see anyway within the system itself to correct such a problem.
    yes i agree with this point. and the only remaining answer to this seemingly hopeless fact is a REVOLUTION! armed or peaceful? I dont know. EDSA Revolution doesn't count as a true revolution. wala naman nagbago. nagkaroon lang ng powershift from the strongman to the oligarchs, instead of instilling true revolution among ourselves (ika nga ng isang slogan the previous election: we need a change in men, not of men!). sad. reality tells us that independence and discipline go hand in hand.

ang ganda pala talaga noon ng Manila, no wonder why Korea uttered: "we want to be the next Manila" during our heydays in the 50's and 60's. envious ang mga asian neighbors natin. hay, those were the days!

conclusion: we have no right to be independent (yet!). Pinas! bangon na tayo mula sa pananaginip natin na ayos lang ang lahat at merong superhero na magliligtas sa atin bukas, sa makalawa, sa isang buwan o sa isang taon o kaya sa isang dekada (hanggang sa hindi na, tinamad na).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by agentrambo007 View Post
    yes i agree with this point. and the only remaining answer to this seemingly hopeless fact is a REVOLUTION! armed or peaceful? I dont know. EDSA Revolution doesn't count as a true revolution. wala naman nagbago. nagkaroon lang ng powershift from the strongman to the oligarchs, instead of instilling true revolution among ourselves (ika nga ng isang slogan the previous election: we need a change in men, not of men!). sad. reality tells us that independence and discipline go hand in hand.

ang ganda pala talaga noon ng Manila, no wonder why Korea uttered: "we want to be the next Manila" during our heydays in the 50's and 60's. envious ang mga asian neighbors natin. hay, those were the days!

conclusion: we have no right to be independent (yet!). Pinas! bangon na tayo mula sa pananaginip natin na ayos lang ang lahat at merong superhero na magliligtas sa atin bukas, sa makalawa, sa isang buwan o sa isang taon o kaya sa isang dekada (hanggang sa hindi na, tinamad na).

If you were to ask me, the solution is a very bloody revolution. We, the people, have to spill blood, to make sure the changes we make will be worth it. We have to permanently remove the corruption that is rotting the core of our government. We have to remove the laws that are only self-serving for those who hold-on to power by whatever means they can.

The past so-called peaceful revolutions have only showed that we are a country composed of cowards hiding behind the mask of morality or religion or whatever excuse was used.

The American experiment of democracy in the Philippines is a failure. It has to be swept away and a new system of stricter governance set in.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    A painful re-birth of a nation.

European nations, America, and closer to our shores...China and soon Vietnam.

Cleansing with blood of our fellow brothers....so we can get that sense of nationhood.

But in this scenario, one who holds the guns get the upperhand.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009

But it has changed the people in the area where improvements were implemented. Those in the photos were once squatters who were relocated and taught about proper hygiene and environmental protection. They now patrol the place, cleaning it up and making sure it won't regress.

I know it's hard trying to remain optimistic amidst all the bad things happening in this country. But if I choose to live here, I'll choose to do things that can improve its lot, one block at a time. Otherwise, kung talagang masama na ang assessment tungkol sa bansa, mag-migrate na lang o di kaya, kumuha ng armas at mamundok.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ganda lang sana "if everyone cared"

do your share to make our country beautiful..even if others will not

sad to say madami ang pinoy na mahina talaga ang kukote

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    But it has changed the people in the area where improvements were implemented. Those in the photos were once squatters who were relocated and taught about proper hygiene and environmental protection. They now patrol the place, cleaning it up and making sure it won't regress.

I know it's hard trying to remain optimistic amidst all the bad things happening in this country. But if I choose to live here, I'll choose to do things that can improve its lot, one block at a time. Otherwise, kung talagang masama na ang assessment tungkol sa bansa, mag-migrate na lang o di kaya, kumuha ng armas at mamundok.

But here is the thing, at best, it is only a very local effect. It only teaches the people affected what they can do that can affect themselves. It is still not very far from every man & woman for themselves.

What we need is a sense of nationalism that goes beyond the immediate and the visible. A sense of faith that borders on the religious on something that is not seen nor felt but still can be understood by those who follow it.

Note that I am not trying to make small the accomplishments of the project you highlighted. Just that, although it may have positive effects on the local & immediate communities, it does not have any effects on a wider scale beyond it's immediate "borders" so-to-say.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    ibang iba siguro pilipinas kung merong public caning
    Or public stoning.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeq2Utm0nU"]YouTube - Monty Python's - Life of Brian-5[/ame]

Follow the Code of Kalantiaw.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Manila after the war