New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    my brother and i will be going on a trip to the places mentioned above this weekend to attend to certain matters and to have a little vacation as well. we'll be driving his nissan frontier and that's why i'm wondering how are the road conditions in those areas and in the areas we'll be passing through as well. a little information would be a big help to us

btw, after the tragic floodings in bicolandia last year, how are the roads there holding up? anyone in the know here?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Hey bro, you might want to follow this link...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...ight=kidapawan

Its land trip puntang Kidapawan, SC. But then I have included some posts there from Manila to Bicol, then to Samar/Leyte. Check it out na lang and hope this could help....

And have a safe trip!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ok naman pala mag dala ng sasakyan papunta sa samar. aside from the bad stretch of road in atimonan, quezon (they are paved but very bumpy though) and several detours in the ravaged ( by typhoon milenyo) but recovering areas in albay, the travel was all good but pretty much exhausting. imagine, it took us 24 hours to reach our destination

its unfortunate though that we weren't able to proceed to leyte. it would have been a blast to see and drive through the renowned san juanico bridge

anyhow, here are some pics of our 24 hour trip to northern samar:

driving through the steep winding roads of the quezon national forest park aka bitukang manok

the roro which took us across the san bernardino strait

a wrecked jeepney along the bitukang manok
    Last edited by baludoy; April 24th, 2007 at 02:37 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    the premier mode of transportation for the manila boys hehe

mount mayon as dusk sets in

mount bulusan in the distance

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    out of this world rock formations on the beaches of nipa, northern samar

the straightaway well paved roads of northern samar

dapithapon
    Last edited by baludoy; April 24th, 2007 at 02:43 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    australian funded yata ang road project ng northern samar, matagal na. Ngayon pa lang start ng calbayog linking and the rest of catbalogan road. Hopefully, next year complete na. But that's too optimistic

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ok naman pala mag dala ng sasakyan papunta sa samar. aside from the bad stretch of road in atimonan, quezon (they are paved but very bumpy though) and several detours in the ravaged ( by typhoon milenyo) but recovering areas in albay, the travel was all good but pretty much exhausting. imagine, it took us 24 hours to reach our destination

its unfortunate though that we weren't able to proceed to leyte. it would have been a blast to see and drive through the renowned san juanico bridge

anyhow, here are some pics of our 24 hour trip to northern samar:

driving through the steep winding roads of the quezon national forest park aka bitukang manok

the roro which took us across the san bernardino strait

a wrecked jeepney along the bitukang manok
    maganda masakyan mo ang king federick at nelvin jules. malapad na mabilis pa, the rest except for sta clara ships, college pa ako bumibiyahe na yan...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse View Post
    australian funded yata ang road project ng northern samar, matagal na. Ngayon pa lang start ng calbayog linking and the rest of catbalogan road. Hopefully, next year complete na. But that's too optimistic
    you are right bos. aussie funded nga iyong mga daan doon mahigit isang dekada na rin yata nakakalipas. ang sabi ng mga tiga-doon ang condition daw ng mga australyano eh sila mag-fufund ng project pero sila din ang gagawa para iwas mabulsa ng mga politiko doon at iwas na din substandard construction ng daan but the people in charge of its upkeep have done a good job in maintaining the roads though and that i give them credit for, whoever they may be

i have no idea about the calbayog and catbalogan road projects though

w/ regards to the roros, ang sinasakyan namin kung ano man ang maabutan namin para di na mag-antay ng matagal sa pier

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    maganda and road condition ng northern samar conpared to western and eastern samar. considering that northern samar is a dead end province while west and east are gateway to leyte and mindanao... or talagang maganda pagkakagawa ng kalsada rito

d tulad sa quirino hway substandard pagkakagawa. kabago-bagong kalsada pero good for one year lang, ala ng ginawa kundi repair ng repair. or talagang daanin lang ng heavy transport... pero bakit naman pagdating ng albay at sorsogon mejo ok kalsada?

newei, nice trip to n samar, my home province...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    bossing baludoy, magkano bayad sa roro? thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Land Trip to Bicol, Samar, and Leyte