New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah when I was still an employee I loved these extra rest days with pay. But now I am a businessman it SUCKS!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In my business, walang holiday-holiday Araw araw may pasok except sundays. I only follow the red letter days sa calendar in giving holiday pays.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    Holiday economics isn't at all bad. Especially for retail/tourism business. The problem lies in setting expectations earlier. Dapat pag nag declare ng mga movement it should be 3 months prior to the holiday para di nasisira mga schedules. Nobody is also stopping you from imposing an OT on the said holidays. Bayad ka nga lang.
    Holiday economics is bad particularly for a country with the majority of people who doesn't have enough money to spend on potentially expensive luxuries such as traveling on weekend holidays.

Basically when people don't work, they do not get paid. When they don't get paid, they have no money to spend. Without any money to spend, they just stay home and twiddle their thumbs until the next workday rolls in.

People would rather work. At least they know they would get paid more in a month, which helps on the regular personal & household expenses.

Overtime pay isn't up to the employee. It is up to the employer. If it is uneconomic for the business to have people on overtime pay, then the business will not open that day. Of course you are looking at a day's worth of potential transactions lost and that is unrecoverable.

And there will be cascade effects down from that including certain services or products not being available on time when needed.

Look at China. Businesses are open 7 days a week. No such things as "weekends" or holidays (except for the week long chinese new year celebrations) to stop or slow down production and economic progress throughout the year.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 27th, 2010 at 09:44 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Since it was previously announced, then our work schedule was already adjusted...

10K:dance1:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Pansin ko din most 3rd world countries have more holidays than 1st world countries... May connection kaya?

Mas maraming holidays ang Japan at may holiday economics din sila. At saka sobrang advance na ng announcement ng namove na holidays. Proclamation 1841 was signed last July, 2009 pa at napublish na agad to sa lahat ng mga dyaryo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gaspanic View Post
    Mas maraming holidays ang Japan at may holiday economics din sila. At saka sobrang advance na ng announcement ng namove na holidays. Proclamation 1841 was signed last July, 2009 pa at napublish na agad to sa lahat ng mga dyaryo.
    But the question is: are we as economically advanced and prosperous as Japan?

The obvious answer is NO.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^This is so true! My friend's work follows the holidays of Japan and they have a LOT. So much more than the Philippines.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    lugi talaga kami dyan sa mga holidays na yan.. di naman kami pwede mag shutdown.. so ang mangyayari.. magpapapasok din.. so babayaran pa nang OT pay.. sa dami nang holiday.. nagiging katawa tawa na tuloy sa mga clients namin abroad.. parati na lang daw tayo may holiday..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

O, may nagsabit na ba ng Bandila ng Pilipinas sa inyong bahay?

10K:dance1:

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually yung holiday economics sa Japan ginawa yan to improve the family life of Japanese families... Kasi their government is encouraging more family time and hopefully more ***ual activity, apparently Japan is LOSING population. More people are getting old and dying VS people getting born. The Japanese government has to do something to arrest the decline of their population. If everyone gets old and wala ng bata the economy will suffer productivity losses and who will shoulder the pensions of the old?

Dito sa Pilipinas, walang kwneta! Holiday economics lang for the sake of it. Seriously any of you thinking of going out of town for this 3 day long weekend? Not me. I am using the time to stay home!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
June 14 declared a regular holiday