New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    MANILA, Philippines - Malacañang has declared June 14, Monday, a regular holiday in lieu of June 12, Independence Day, which falls on a Saturday.

Based on Proclamation No. 1841, Malacañang moved holidays that are not religious in nature to the nearest Monday.

Independence Day on June 12, 2010, which falls on a Saturday, was moved to June 14.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/05...s-last-june-12

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I sincerely hope the new administration takes away this crap holiday economics... Most businesses suffer from this due to lack of productivity. Me included. Probably the only industry benefiting is the tourism and hospitality business...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i agree with you tidius.. counter productive tong mga holiday na to..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Not to mention it screws up meeting schedules, especially when dealing with groups in other countries

Plus... it destroys our sense of history and culture as it sends a message to our people that special dates can be trifled with so easily.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hehe

pansin niyo?

sa loob ng isang taon, ilan araw ang wala pasok?

holy week (holy wednesday palang wala na pasok), all saints/all souls (3 to 4 days yan), Xmas vacation (before Dec 24 wala na pasok... hanggang first few days of January), Araw ng Kagitingan, Labor day at iba pa mga red sa calendar, plus those declared holidays

if you add all of those days together, that's like what? equivalent to a whole month?
    Last edited by uls; May 27th, 2010 at 05:36 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pansin ko din most 3rd world countries have more holidays than 1st world countries... May connection kaya?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ganyan siguro talaga pag naging Spanish colony

hehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Holiday economics isn't at all bad. Especially for retail/tourism business. The problem lies in setting expectations earlier. Dapat pag nag declare ng mga movement it should be 3 months prior to the holiday para di nasisira mga schedules. Nobody is also stopping you from imposing an OT on the said holidays. Bayad ka nga lang.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    One less day to transact! If we are paying rent that is fixed you lose one day with doing NOTHING! Saturday's and Sundays are not prime days to do business (except nga mga tourism and retail) pero kung manufacturing ka or even me I have a small resto that caters to office people then I lose...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends also on where along the business/work spectrum one person is. If you're a fixed income employee then its great having those extra dates. If you're a daily wage earner, its sucks unless you can go in and claim overtime.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
June 14 declared a regular holiday