New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Basta I am against it, and good for you kung hindi ka apektado cause I know a lot of others who are against these holiday switching scheme! Of course if it favors my business I am all for it and dapat this year it should have favored me but it didn't. And no careful planning can avert ONE DAY OF LOST REVENUE. That one day can go a long way in our case... Oh well I hope President-elect Aquino sees some sense and undo this holiday economics...

And no I am voicing only my opinion, kung hindi mapapalitan ganun talaga I am just saying IT SUCKS! Case closed!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    What sucks for you may not be for the greater majority. If you were arguing against the abrupt declaration of holidays or the sudden declaration of new holidays then I will be for you than against you. But the argument you raised is rather self-serving. It gives full consideration to businessmen but not to common workers. That is why they passed the Rationalization Law. Precisely to allow business to better manage uninterrupted enterprises by knowing in advance that these movements does happen. So can I say if you didn't prepare for this then "ignorance of the law is no excuse".

No careful planning can avert lost revenue you say? I say no amount of management skills can ever teach common sense. Day trading is a common practice in other countries. You can still operate without losing your sales. Pakiusapan mo lang mga tao mo to celebrate the holiday in another day. If you can't request this to your employees then perhaps your not good at employee relations.

If they agree with this scheme then you don't lose a day in sales. In call centers this is often done. They actually won't pay you extra on a Philippine holiday if you explicitly exchanged that day for another day.

and BTW the president does not make the law. Congress does this. So Noynoy cannot do anything about this unless he can persuade congress to repeal the law. Given P.Noy's populist nature, I doubt he will ever do this too early in his term.
    Last edited by daimengrui; June 11th, 2010 at 09:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Wala na ba halaga yung araw mismo? I mean that's INDEPENDENCE DAY. Not everyone celebrate the religious holidays at the same time. Or even Labor day. But for everyone's sake....that is supposedly the day we freed ourselves. Maybe we are still shackled in our hearts and mind.

Ganyan ka babaw ibig sabihin ng mga araw na yan sa ating Pilipino. Tsk tsk....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
June 14 declared a regular holiday