New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ogag talaga ang iba diyan sa 5J ticketing, yung iba diyan di pa nakasakay sa eroplano nila...kaya on-line booking ako palagi.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    nakapila na kami sa immigration papunta Hongkong,5:40 am departure namin ng may staff nila na nag offer sa min ng free roundtrip sa pipiliin namin lugar sa asia(7 kami),mag volunter lang daw kami na magpa late or sa susunod na trip kami sasakay...napaisip kami pero tinaggihan din namin at baka masira lang iterinary namin... ano po kayang catch dun? promo daw nila?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by autofan View Post
    nakapila na kami sa immigration papunta Hongkong,5:40 am departure namin ng may staff nila na nag offer sa min ng free roundtrip sa pipiliin namin lugar sa asia(7 kami),mag volunter lang daw kami na magpa late or sa susunod na trip kami sasakay...napaisip kami pero tinaggihan din namin at baka masira lang iterinary namin... ano po kayang catch dun? promo daw nila?
    Baka may VIP na sasakay sa flight nyo at puno na yung flight?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by autofan View Post
    no catch ... The current flight is overbooked (again). To accomodate certain passengers (like a big tour group), they are asking you just agree to take the next flight to your destination and they will compensate by whatever they are offering at that time.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailhook View Post
    i doubt the accuracy of the account as stated by the email sender - having read countless propaganda/hoaxes made by competing businesses. i find it hard to believe that Cebu Pacific would be so brazen in violating the rights of the commuting public. but if its true.... hell hath no fury like a consumer scorned!!!! this would be a very easy case, again, if it is true.
    I and my cousin also a victim of cebu pacific..also from bacolod to manila..9 kami na na closed by counter..we tried to argue with the personnel on the ticketing area pero sabi nya sorry daw kasi la daw xa alam dun iba daw ang incharge..tinanong namin kung sino ang incharge sabi ya di pa daw dumarating..ang kumausap sa amin parang head ata nang sekyu dun..ang angas makipag usap..kami pa sinisi..e 45 minutes b4 the flight e nakapila na kmi...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been using Cebu Pac on my last three trips (bohol, boracay and sg), all discounted fare and so far my only problem encountered was i was bumped up to a flight an hour or two later which i knew days before.

- I always call up Cebu Pac a week to 3 days before my scheduled flight to confirm my booking and flight time. With this they already tell me if i was moved to a later flight so i can make any needed adjustments (or complain if need be).
    - I usually arrive at the airport around 1 and 1/2 hours before my flight.

Can't complain much really since the fare is cheap and if some policies are indeed industry practice amongst the budget airlines, you can't fault them since they are in business for profit and not to be missionaries to the travelling public. We're still much better off today than when we had PAL as a monopoly and i remember spending entire afternoons in run down airports waiting for a extremely delayed flight.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Just a friendly advice, avoid Cebu Pacific
    September 13, 2015 10:54 pm
    by FRANCISCO S. TATAD

A big riding public flies Cebu Pacific every day, and John Gokongwei, who is listed on the Forbes magazine annual roster of Filipino dollar billionaires, and his family make a lot of money on them. However, the service Cebu Pacific renders is not worth half the money and trust the public gives them. People put up with the rotten service simply because they have no choice, but the State has a duty to intervene. It must now intervene. Better yet, the public should stop flying Cebu Pacific.

Last week, I flew Cebu Pacific to Zamboanga City for a meeting. With me was a senior colleague on the National Transformation Council.

Given the awful Metro Manila traffic which has turned into a worse nightmare since the Highway Patrol Group took over, I woke up at 4 a.m., heard Mass at 6, skipped breakfast, and gave myself two and a half hours for the previously one-hour ride from my home to the airport, after checking in on-line the evening before. I got to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal-3 after two hours, grabbed some coffee, and with my colleague joined the rest of the passengers waiting for Cebu Pacific Flight No. 5J 857 to take off at 11:05 a.m.

This promised to take us to Zamboanga international airport at 12:45 p.m., where another colleague would be flying in from Davao. Together, we would all drive to a late lunch with a high Church official. Boarding time was at 10:35 a.m. We waited for the boarding announcement, but as the time struck nothing came. At 11:05 a.m., our plane was still nowhere. At 12 high noon, still nothing. But the airline wasn’t saying anything.

I had finished doing my column for the next day, although I could not send it out because of wifi problems, when finally the plane came. It was 1 p.m. No apologies, no nothing, they just asked us to board, and we started boarding. I dozed off as soon as I sank into my seat, from sheer exhaustion. We were favored with extremely good weather, and landed in Zamboanga City at 2:45 p.m. Our colleague from Davao had arrived an hour and a half earlier, but waited for us at the terminal. The lunch was cold when we got to our host, but the durian was rich and creamy, and our host extraordinarily genial and warm, as usual.

This experience did not cost us our good humor, knowing the growing hazards of air travel. Flight delays happen everywhere. But wherever else it happens, the passenger is always the first to know because the airline never stops apologizing for the delay and the inconvenience. It is the passenger’s right to be informed. This right is apparently completely alien to the Cebu Pacific culture, if there is any such culture. But what happened on my way to Zamboanga did not prepare me for what would happen the next day on my return flight to Manila. In fact, nothing that has happened to me anywhere before that seemed to have prepared me for it.

I have had my share of incidents as an air traveler, but had never experienced anything as unpleasant as my Cebu Pac Flight No. 5J 852 from Zamboanga City on Sept. 11.
    But the airline’s lack of regard for the passengers’ sensibility and well-being was unimaginable; we were treated as non-human cargo. My flight was booked at 7:45 a.m. This promised to take us to Manila by 9:25 a.m, early enough to allow me to cover the preliminary conference of the Senate Electoral Tribunal at the Supreme Court on the disqualification suit against Sen. Grace Poe Llamanzares in the morning, go to an important lunch, and tape my weekly TV program on GNN with Ariel Ayala in the afternoon.

At 9:15 a.m., we finally took off.

At 11:30 a.m., we were asked to straighten our seats, fasten our seat belts and prepare for landing. But we did not land. At 11:35, the pilot announced our plane “could not be accommodated” and that we were being diverted to Clark. There was no explanation why, nor whether Clark was going to be our terminal point or merely a technical stop. Not having been diverted to Clark before, I did not know how we would be transported to Manila from Clark. And there was not a word about those who might miss their connecting flights from Manila as a result of the extended delay.

On some of my trips abroad, the traffic of incoming planes would sometimes be so heavy that our plane would end up circling overhead several times while waiting for clearance to land. But always, the pilot would inform the passengers on what was happening, and what our number was in the line of planes awaiting clearance to land. In the case of Cebu Pacific, instead of circling overhead a few times, Capt. Nelson Solis assisted by First Officer Timothy Lopez decided to immediately divert to Clark, obviously to save fuel and money for Mr. Gokongwei.
    At 12:10 p.m., we landed at Clark. I went to the pilot to complain, saying he owed it to each of the 166 passengers who had every right to know why we were being diverted. He tried to raise his voice saying he already had. “Don’t be brash with me,” I said, “you never did.” Only then did it become clear that Clark was but a technical stop, that we would sit there until we got clearance to land.

But the crew could not answer questions about connecting flights. One Ronie Castillo, who runs Peninsula Travel and Tours in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay, said he was traveling with 33 others who were supposed to connect to Kuala Lumpur at 2:10 that afternoon. Another one was a 24-year-old Chinese girl who was seated next to me — Anna Sui from Xiamen, whose flight homeward was at 2 p.m., and who said she no longer had any money.

At 1 p.m., many of the passengers started saying they were hungry. I told the crew the passengers had a right to a free meal, and the airline had a duty to feed them. One attendant said they would have to buy their own food. I then asked, could I not order food for everyone, and then just send the bill to Mr. Gokongwei? She would have to refer it to the Ground Personnel, she said.

At 1:30 p.m., the plane finally took off, and at 1.50 p.m, we landed at NAIA-3. All 166 passengers walked away without charging a single bottle of water to Mr. Gokongwei.
    Just a friendly advice, avoid Cebu Pacific | The Manila Times Online

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    These are common problems for lcc everywhere in the world. Ang liit kasi ng margin nila. Lagi yang overbook if possible. Aasa sila na may hindi dadating pero kapag lahat dumating, accept nila yung risk na magmove ng ibang pasahero. Ilang beses na rin ako narequest mag voluntary bump off para sa free flight pero di ko naman kinakagat. Pero there was one incident that i cannot forget. May flight kami out from Manila to kalibo or caticlan before. Na late yung tatlo namin kasama so habang nasa counter kami sabi ko paintay lang nung tatlo namin na wala pa sa airport. Though malayo pa naman yung 45 min before flight pero nasa dulo na kami ng queue. May dalawang traveler din na magcheck in after us. Nasurprise ako nung sinabi na full na yung plane. Syempre kami nagworry kasi di pa kami nakacheck in kasi waiting pa kami sa kasama namin. Gulat ko lang is after umalis nung dalawa, sinabi samin nung check in desk counter na hinintay lang nya umalis yung dalawa para sabihin na may space pa for us. Nakapagcheck in kaming 5 which is good for us pero mapapaisip ka rin about their business practice. Nung time nayon, kami yung swerte pero dadating din yung time na kami naman yung mamalasin. Deceptive talaga yun for those two passengers kasi hindi pa naman kami checked in talaga. They could have accomodated yung two passenger pero i was just thinking na it will be cheaper to bump off two passengers than five. But still, may panloloko talagang nangyari.

Though, compared sa ibang airlines worldwide, ok pa naman. Ganon talaga kung mura yung flights eh, meron talaga masasacrifice. Sa ibang airlines naman, pati cabin baggage may singgil tapos sukat na sukat talaga cabin baggage. Di tama ginagawa ng cebpac pero awa ng diyos wala pa naman ako bad experience. Yung bad experience ko lang is nasa side na pabor sa amin pero witness lang kami. Ang diskarte na lang ay mag online check in para di ka na mabump off at if hindi kaya, dumating ng maaga. Kailangan rin minsan madiskarte lang

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RandMcnally View Post
    These are common problems for lcc everywhere in the world. Ang liit kasi ng margin nila. Lagi yang overbook if possible. Aasa sila na may hindi dadating pero kapag lahat dumating, accept nila yung risk na magmove ng ibang pasahero. Ilang beses na rin ako narequest mag voluntary bump off para sa free flight pero di ko naman kinakagat. Pero there was one incident that i cannot forget. May flight kami out from Manila to kalibo or caticlan before. Na late yung tatlo namin kasama so habang nasa counter kami sabi ko paintay lang nung tatlo namin na wala pa sa airport. Though malayo pa naman yung 45 min before flight pero nasa dulo na kami ng queue. May dalawang traveler din na magcheck in after us. Nasurprise ako nung sinabi na full na yung plane. Syempre kami nagworry kasi di pa kami nakacheck in kasi waiting pa kami sa kasama namin. Gulat ko lang is after umalis nung dalawa, sinabi samin nung check in desk counter na hinintay lang nya umalis yung dalawa para sabihin na may space pa for us. Nakapagcheck in kaming 5 which is good for us pero mapapaisip ka rin about their business practice. Nung time nayon, kami yung swerte pero dadating din yung time na kami naman yung mamalasin. Deceptive talaga yun for those two passengers kasi hindi pa naman kami checked in talaga. They could have accomodated yung two passenger pero i was just thinking na it will be cheaper to bump off two passengers than five. But still, may panloloko talagang nangyari.

Though, compared sa ibang airlines worldwide, ok pa naman. Ganon talaga kung mura yung flights eh, meron talaga masasacrifice. Sa ibang airlines naman, pati cabin baggage may singgil tapos sukat na sukat talaga cabin baggage. Di tama ginagawa ng cebpac pero awa ng diyos wala pa naman ako bad experience. Yung bad experience ko lang is nasa side na pabor sa amin pero witness lang kami. Ang diskarte na lang ay mag online check in para di ka na mabump off at if hindi kaya, dumating ng maaga. Kailangan rin minsan madiskarte lang
    Curious lang, how did the check in staff knew you were 5 in your group?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RandMcnally View Post

Signature

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^^^under group/block booking system siguro, kasi ganyan din kami noon for more than a year. They should know how many pax still for check-in and the staff assume that the group in line are the last passengers?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
From EMAIL: CEBU PACIFIC COMPLAINT