New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Madami kasi pera kaya magaling na visionary. Pag naubos na ang pera niyan..im sure mawawala din pagiging visionary niya. Just kiddin..

I wonder kug may pera ang Pinas kung magiging magaling din na visionary si PGMA. :D

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    "My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I drive a Mercedes, my son drives a Land Rover, his son will drive a Land Rover, but his son will ride a camel."

-Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum on Dubai's oil running out in a decade, as a solution he built an economy that could survive the end of Dubai's oil boom...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    with all the tall buildings erecting dubai, when the weather is hot, its not only dry and humid but no proper air flow because of the blockage from those tall buildings, my prof elaborated this when he drop by my office, he is working in dubai, salary isnt bad, everything is quite affordable except fruits and veggies, its like the new new york.

yes you need visa to enter dubai, though its quite easy to get their visa, some arab knows how to speak english but mostly arab is their medium.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    problem lang ata hindi well circulated yun waters sa loob ng palm kasi they disturbed the natural terrain, in 10-20 years time ang baho nyan. it would stink to the point na no one wants to be there.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post
    problem lang ata hindi well circulated yun waters sa loob ng palm kasi they disturbed the natural terrain, in 10-20 years time ang baho nyan. it would stink to the point na no one wants to be there.

for sure they can find a solution to that, for the water not to stink, nakagawa sila ng manmade island, its included in the plan..

---next post---
    Last edited by awing; June 23rd, 2007 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post
    What you said is true. During construction, they found out that the water that runs inside looks stagnant. There's no circulation or whatsoever. But after on they revised the plan of the 'crescent' part of the palm., cut in the middle into two parts on both sides so that a water has a free flowing directions in-and-out the Palm shape islands. A 2 connecting bridges were then fixed on each sides.

The Final Plan.

The Original Plan.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pano pag totoo global warming at tumaas ang sea level...erased agad ang palm island?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
'Dubailand' aims to be Middle East's Disneyland