New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Minsan daw nakakalusot if sabihin mong tourist ka. Is this true?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Maybe,- just maybe....

When I was newly driving there,- I was over the speed limit (just a little... on autocruise ), and was hugging the inner lane, ahead of a pack of about 4-5 cars.

Then I found just myself and the patrol car for about a minute by ourselves... He flashed his lights on me, - and immediately, I kicked the brake pedal to get me out of autocruise and into the speed limit... I still did not transfer lane,- and so the patrol car overtook me and swerved left and right in front of me (2-lane interstate) and drove ahead... zooommmmm!

Maybe he noticed that I was driving a rental car (with sticker of the company at the back,- and was cursing,- stupid Asians..... :hysterical:

23.1K:hockey1:
    Last edited by CVT; April 28th, 2014 at 03:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Wala ng I-94 ngayon.

Ok lang mas mabilis sa speed limit basta mabilis din mga kasabay mo.
    I-94 is now electronic, If travelers need the information from their Form I-94 admission record to verify immigration status or employment authorization, the record number and other admission information they are encouraged to get their I-94 Number, here is the link https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by qarban View Post
    I-94 is now electronic, If travelers need the information from their Form I-94 admission record to verify immigration status or employment authorization, the record number and other admission information they are encouraged to get their I-94 Number, here is the link https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html
    I checked my travel history with the link you provided, yung isang entry and exit ko wala sa history.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I checked my travel history with the link you provided, yung isang entry and exit ko wala sa history.
    Baka ibang number ng passport ang gamit mo nung time na yun, try mo ulit using your old passport number

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by qarban View Post
    Baka ibang number ng passport ang gamit mo nung time na yun, try mo ulit using your old passport number
    same passport gamit ko. yung previous entry/exit ko before the missing one meron naman.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    same passport gamit ko. yung previous entry/exit ko before the missing one meron naman.
    Oh I see, malamang either hindi nila nai-record or baka hindi lang nai-convert sa electronic form kung nag-issue sila ng paper form sayo that time.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

In my limited experience,- controlled but aggressive driving diyan.....
    Pag mag merge ka ng hiway/freeway,- itodo mo ang tapak sa gasolina,- hindi puwedeng style ng merge sa Pinas na mabagal,- dapat same speed ka ng mga sasakyan sa hiway/freeway pagpasok mo....,
    Kerek! Kasi doon sa Tate, ok ang roadway planning. There's room for an on-ramp/off-ramp. They give you time to speed up when merging into a freeway, but they expect you to merge without obstructing or impeding traffic.

- changing lane,- pag signal mo,- lane change kaagad, at tapak sa gasolina,- hindi puwede ang babagal-bagal.... Diyan ka lang sa middle lane,- para open ang mga options mo....
    In short, think about kung anong gagawin mo. Are you going to change lanes or not. There is no maybe. If you signal, give them time to realize/notice your signal light, then change lanes.

STRICTLY FOLLOW THE PRESCRIBED SPEED LIMIT,- but generally,- follow the flow of the traffic,- else, puwede kang "obstruction of traffic"...
    The speed limit is relatively, uhm, relative. Hehehe! It's not a real limit, you can exceed it naman, but make sure you're not glaringly obvious. Meaning, if it's a 60 mph zone, going 70 mph is not far-fetched. There are some freeways with folks going up to 85-90 mph. Just go with the flow. Don't be the leader of the pack though. And try to be in the middle, para kung may manghuhuli, unahin nila yung sa dulo or sa unahan. Hehehe!

Pag red na,- stop,- do not attempt to beat the red light,- if you do,- at kumuha na ang camera (o nag-flash)- ngumiti ka para pogi ka sa picture....

Tapos, city traffic/driving,- parang pagda-drive sa Subic... with careful note on a four-way-stop... isa-isa lang.... Generally,- you cannot use the house's driveway for making turns...

Pedestrians are number one on the road... Poporma pa lang sila,- pumepreno ka na... School buses and ambulances, too...
    Definitely look out for and OBEY traffic signs. The pedestrian lane is sacred there. Don't be caught waiting on it at an intersection. Let pedestrians pass.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Always bring a copy of your passport (info page 1 and 2) with the US visa page, entry stamp page and copy of US imigration form I-94 attached. Kahit picturan mo lang ng smart phone mo pero better if you have a hardcopy. Keep the passport and original I-94 in a safe place, you only need photo copies in the car.

Balitaan mo kami magkano na ang driver's insurance ngayon. Remember you can not drive if you do not purchase insurance. Car rental companies will charge it over the car rental cost but if you have a company owned car then will have to buy one.

Wala na yatang I-94 form ngayon.

Me and my officemates were in the US from November 29 to December 14. Drove from Las Vegas, NV to San Francisco, CA. Medyo mahirap mag adjust especially sa pedestrian lanes kasi kelangan complete stop and you have to wait untill they are firmly on the other side before proceeding. Tsaka yung first-to-stop, first-to-go rule nila sa mga roundabouts and merging lanes, kung hindi ka sanay, mahuhuli ka.

And lastly yung speed limit sa freeways. I drove a Chevy Suburban kasi at kahit 100 mph na, very stable yung ride, it feels like 60 mph. So I had to slow down kasi ayokong mahuli, hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naku! hinde ka na makakpasok ng US boybi,

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The police everywhere are getting strict with texting while driving. I highly discourage fiddling around with a cellphone, GPS, even stereo while behind the wheel. At least don't make it look so obvious. That includes while at a stoplight or stop sign. Do all that stuff while parked or before you head off. Plan your trip beforehand with Google Maps or map book.

It's not very common out west. But, pay attention to "No turn on red" signs. When you see one, you can only turn left or right when it's green. It's almost guaranteed the cops are watching that spot. Even us west coast types weren't used to it the first time we encountered it.

At freeways, it's generally okay to do 5 mph over the speed limit. I've always done 70 mph in a 65 mph zone with cops around. But, you go 6 mph over and the cops may ticket you. In a 65 mph zone, I usually keep my cruise control at 68/69 mph. That way, when I hit a downhill stretch, I stay at 70 mph.

I'm not sure how long your drive will be. But, train yourself to be behind the wheel for several hours at a time and get plenty of sleep before the trip.

Avoid caffeine pills. They may keep you awake. But, if you take enough of them, you'll be miserable afterwards because your stomach will feel like it's in knots.

Edit:

In a few weeks, we'll be moving back to Arizona. That's a 3200 mile road trip. I'll be in one car with the luggage and the wife will be in another car with the kids. I'm pretty much giving her pointers like here.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 3rd, 2014 at 12:13 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast