New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^ ung isang girl may unconfirmed report na nasagasaan daw.
    confirmed na ngayon ... natabunan pala ng foam kaya siguro hindi nakita ng driver

Police: Teen in Asiana crash hit by fire truck

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010

:bwahaha: mamatay matay ako sa kaka tawa. ho lee fuk.:bwahaha:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hahaha

way too low!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hahaha

way too low!
    Yup,something wrong,herherher:boom1:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

totoo ba yan or prank lang?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I can't believe my eyes when i saw the name "Captain Sum Ting Wong" in the video thumbnail above. And then I can't believe my ears even more when the newscaster actually read those on-air. LOL! Was it major punk'd? Or someone over there had been surfing the net too much. I read that in one of the youtube video comments and I immediately got the pun there. And I also thought it to be witty and hilariously funny, in the vein of those english to chinese translation jokes. So it's unbelievable that someone, and a network at that, would fall for it.

Anyway, here's a related news (coz I googled it for i can't believe it would be a major network, but seems they are).

News Station KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names

I feel too embarassed to watch the public apology, but here it is:

Last edited by gearhead000; July 14th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    huwag naman gawin katatawan ung unfortunate incident and then may namatay pa....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nothing to laugh about, especially if it resulted in tragic deaths...

NATH FAH NEE | Asiana to sue over bogus pilot names gaffe - InterAksyon.com

NATH FAH NEE | Asiana to sue over bogus pilot names gaffe
    By: Agence France-Presse
    July 14, 2013 2:36 PM

Share This

InterAksyon.com
    The online news portal of TV5

SEOUL - Asiana said Sunday it was planning lawsuits against US transport authorities and a TV station for mistakenly confirming and airing false and offensive names for the pilots behind its fatal crash in San Francisco.

Fox network affiliate KTVU news Channel 2 in Oakland identified the pilots of the Asiana Boeing 777 that crashed last weekend as "Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk," and "Bang Ding Ow."

KTVU cited the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) as its source, but quickly realized the mistake and apologized.

The NTSB later apologized for the "inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed" as those of the Asiana pilots -- and blamed the mistake on an intern.

Asiana however said the incident had "seriously tarnished the dignity of the four pilots as well as the company".

"We are planning legal actions against KTVU that aired the report as well as the NTSB that confirmed the names," the air carrier said in a statement.

Three people died when Asiana Airlines Flight 214 crashed while landing at San Francisco International Airport on July 6 and more than 180 were injured.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Hindi muna ni verify ng KTVU basta na lang binalita.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234