New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Malas na lang sa mga naghanda na for the long weekend... I hope they announced anong babawiin holidays much earlier.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/198331/a...ar-working-day

August 23, a Monday, will be a regular working day, while the death anniversary of Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino Jr. on August 21, a Saturday, will be a non-working holiday.

This was the final decision of President Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III, contained in a still-unnumbered proclamation as announced by the Palace on Wednesday night.

“The purpose for observing Ninoy Aquino Day on Aug. 21 instead of Aug. 23 is to avoid the imposition of unnecessary financial burden upon the employers, and ensure the continuity of government, business, and commercial transactions, promote productivity while at the same time preserve the solemnity of the observance (of the holiday)," said presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda in a statement.

Aquino’s proclamation in effect junked the “holiday economics" policy of his predecessor while upholding the public observance of his father’s death anniversary on its actual date of occurrence.

The death anniversary of Ninoy, who was gunned down on Aug. 21, 1983 at the then Manila International Airport upon his return from exile, has long been considered a holiday.

"The president is empowered under RA No. 9492 to modify holidays by law, order or proclamation," Lacierda said.

Malacañang however explained that the President took time to reach a final decision because he wanted to avoid undue emphasis on his father, amid public expectation for him to make an early announcement so that workers and students could plan for a possible long weekend.

Under her administration, former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo advocated “holiday economics," which meant that if a non-working holiday fell on or near a weekend, the non-work aspect was moved to the nearest Monday, resulting in longer weekends.—Jam Sisante/JV, GMANews.TV

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    This is the only reason I will miss GMA. For employees like me, we look forward to the extra holidays. And besides I thought they said that they will respect GMAs holiday declarations?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Same here Sis,- wifey and myself were looking forward to spending more time with the kids... Anyway, this is okay hoping that our government adheres to its promise and solemn responsibility to the nation.

10.6K:horse:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    This is the only reason I will miss GMA. For employees like me, we look forward to the extra holidays. And besides I thought they said that they will respect GMAs holiday declarations?
    Well many people thought too that Philippines will get "changes" .. It's been what? 2, 3 months? Accept it. Noynoy is a joke.

95% of his promises from the campaign is a joke.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Looking forward to higher toll fees and VAT fees for NLEX, SLEX and SCTEX on monday...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Di kasi makuha nang ibang tao ang economic holidays . This kind of declaration will be very helpful for our economy, why??? Pag long weekend kasi tendency of the people is to go out of town, pumunta nang mga malls (in which tinataon nang mga malls magkaroon nang mga weekend sale) or just go to parks and other recreational places that will spend their time with their families or love ones. Dahil sa ganitong mga bagay gagastos ang mga tao and lalabas ang pera from the consumer to the products and services that they acquired. This means iikot ang pera that will make the wheel of the economy to move.

Ganito ang ginagawa nang ibang progressive countries to let their people spend money para umikot ang pera sa economy. Like Singapore they have this Great Singapore Sale that even mga foreigner or expats pumupunta talaga nang Singapore to have this, di ko lang sure how long itong sale na ito I believe month long sale ito. Kaya yon progresibo ang Singapore

Sana maisip ito nang mga taga-Malacanang, masyado kasing masentimyento ang mga Pinoy (sorry po pero totoo po ito) about the exact date dapat commemorate ang mga holidays eh (except siyempre sa christmas, new year, and other important dates).

Sayang talaga...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My friends will be really pissed. Just yesterday they were talking about their beach trips on August 21-23. LOL. Now they have to file that as a leave.

* monseratto Will the toll increase affect Nichols to Merville/Bicutan/Sucat/Alabang? SLEX jurisdiction starts after isn't it?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wave105 View Post
    Di kasi makuha nang ibang tao ang economic holidays . This kind of declaration will be very helpful for our economy, why??? Pag long weekend kasi tendency of the people is to go out of town, pumunta nang mga malls (in which tinataon nang mga malls magkaroon nang mga weekend sale) or just go to parks and other recreational places that will spend their time with their families or love ones. Dahil sa ganitong mga bagay gagastos ang mga tao and lalabas ang pera from the consumer to the products and services that they acquired. This means iikot ang pera that will make the wheel of the economy to move.

Ganito ang ginagawa nang ibang progressive countries to let their people spend money para umikot ang pera sa economy. Like Singapore they have this Great Singapore Sale that even mga foreigner or expats pumupunta talaga nang Singapore to have this, di ko lang sure how long itong sale na ito I believe month long sale ito. Kaya yon progresibo ang Singapore

Sana maisip ito nang mga taga-Malacanang, masyado kasing masentimyento ang mga Pinoy (sorry po pero totoo po ito) about the exact date dapat commemorate ang mga holidays eh (except siyempre sa christmas, new year, and other important dates).

Sayang talaga...
    correct sir... heart and soul ng economy ang pag-ikot ng pera... as long as ginagastos natin, hindi babagsak ang economy. ang tagal na ata natin may "krisis" sa economy, pero tingnan mo, kahit papaano nagsusurvive ang pinas hindi gaya ng U.S.... yung mga kano kasi takot gumastos!hehe

masyado na kasi O.A. tong si noynoy... too good to be true na. kaya VP Binay, magwangwang ka lang ng magwangwang, VICE PRESIDENT KA.hehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Most restaurants/stores in hi-end malls seem to make money only in the weekends. On weekdays, pwedeng tumakbo na walang bubuguin.

*Cathy_for_you
    Yung stretch between Calamba-Alabang tataas.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/267582...ll-hike-aug-16

South Luzon Tollway Corporation (SLTC) Spokesperson Alma Tuazon said owners of Class 1 vehicles will have to pay P77 from the current rate of P22 for the use of the 29-kilometer Alabang-Calamba expressway.

Class 2 and 3 vehicles will pay P155 and P232, respectively, when the toll hike is implemented.

The 233-percent toll hike translates to roughly P2.73 per kilometer from the original rate of P0.82 for Class 1 vehicles which make up most of the traffic along SLEx.
    Last edited by Monseratto; August 12th, 2010 at 11:29 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post
    correct sir... heart and soul ng economy ang pag-ikot ng pera... as long as ginagastos natin, hindi babagsak ang economy. ang tagal na ata natin may "krisis" sa economy, pero tingnan mo, kahit papaano nagsusurvive ang pinas hindi gaya ng U.S.... yung mga kano kasi takot gumastos!hehe

masyado na kasi O.A. tong si noynoy... too good to be true na. kaya VP Binay, magwangwang ka lang ng magwangwang, VICE PRESIDENT KA.hehe

Before you say O.A. si Noynoy, think first.

The economy's heart & soul is not just the flow of money. The problem is if there is any sufficient money to flow around.

Do you know why in people in China are getting richer and the country is progressing faster & faster? For one, people work there 7 days a week. There is no such things as weekends. So cutting down on unnecessary holidays will definitely help us get out of our economic rut.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Aug. 23 declared regular working day