New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ngek! Naalala ko nung 1995 nang huling sumakay ako ng PAL going to Kuwait via Dubai. Super delayed. Back and forth. Mga Pinay na Flight Stewardess napakasuplada. Hihingi ka lang ng tubig, nakasimangot pa. Pero kapag puti ang nanghingi, todo smile. Since that, di na ko sumakay ng PAL.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Napag-usapan na lang din ang mga airlines.....

Nasubukan nyo na bang ma-delay ang flight ng 8 hrs? That happened to me with PAL! I was still working in Bahrain before (1996). Pabalik na ako ng Bahrain, from my vacation (via Dubai). From Dubai, connecting flight ako via Gulf Air na. Yung plane na sasakayan sana namin, never arrived (from Dubai). Na-cancell yung Dubai-Manila flight. Kaya wala kaming masasakyan. Nu'ng una, delayed lang daw ng 2 hrs. Then another announcement na another 2 hrs. Marami na nagreklamo.

Then eto na, since wala ngang plane na available, in-announce ng PAL, na yung plane na galing Sydney yun pa pinahintay sa amin. Yung flight naming hapon, gabi na ang alis. Yung mga passengers, sa NAIA waiting lounge lang. Di man lang kami pinag-hotel. Ang meryenda, napakasarap! Nakikita ko lang ito sa mga lamayan.........yung "walang kamatayang" egg sandwich at yung patok na Sunny Orange drink!

Eventually, ipina-cancell ko rin yung flight ko, since di ko na mahahabol yung connecting flight ko sa Dubai.

Nung sa Singapore pa ako, kahit yung mga PAL flights pa-Singapore, nadi-delay din. Kaya laging SQ lagi ako, kahit mas mahal. Dito sa Saudi, wala na ang PAL. Mahina daw kasi ang kita sa rutang ito. Eh, pa'no, masagwa ang serbisyo. Kaya mga OFWs, mas preferred yung Saudia, Cathay at Emirates.
    Im sorry nasubukan ko narin pala ang PAL back in 1975 noong mag immigrate ako dito states Boieng DC 10 pa noon. Cancel din ang flights namin for almost 7 hrs. at hindi rin kami pinakain mabuti nalang yong mga naghatid sa amin nadoon pa rin sila at hindi sila umalis hanggat di pa kami lumilipad. Kaya kumain muna kami sa labas. Yan ang reason na ayaw ko na sa PAL.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i prefer these airlines (lahat halos bago and with lcd's per seat and games)
    a) British airline
    b) Emirates
    c) Qantas

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Oh.....the other side. I've flown in a KLM 747 to Europe. There's also Delta (Istanbul to Atlanta) and Air italia (Rome to Istanbul)..... all coach with family. KLM seemed to be the best although overall, there didn't seem to be a whole lot to distinguish the three from each other.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Just flew to Amsterdam last week on KLM (777). Business class was superb and seat can be reclined 180 degrees with matching massager. Food was great and entertainment was superb. Connecting to other European countries is almost hassle free in Amsterdam. Went to Paris for a couple of days and back to Manila all in one week. The Business Class seat was just so comfortable I didnt feel tired at all.
    Standard na yata ang 180deg reclining seat with massager sa mga business class seats....

2901:pokemon:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My aunt prefers PAL over any other airline probably because the flights she's been in always flew the southern route (Hawaii). The nearer the equator, the less turbulence. The less turbulence, the less bumpy the ride. Well, national pride also plays a small part Even that delay/minor problem in Hawaii didn't faze her.

I'm wondering if there are any PAL flights that take the northern route (Korea/Japan to USA)?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last time I flew PAL 1997 pa trans pacific ...after that CX,NW,KE (korean) depende sa destination, so far CX ang pinaka OK. If you are going to europe CX pa rin because of their connections. Can't wait to see PAL with their Boeing 777-300 2 years from now. kahit Airbus man ako.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    My aunt prefers PAL over any other airline probably because the flights she's been in always flew the southern route (Hawaii). The nearer the equator, the less turbulence. The less turbulence, the less bumpy the ride. Well, national pride also plays a small part Even that delay/minor problem in Hawaii didn't faze her.

I'm wondering if there are any PAL flights that take the northern route (Korea/Japan to USA)?
    sir jun, only PAL has direct flights HNL-MNL kaya di mahirap....PAL uses the pacific route mas malapit compare to the polar route, but if they are going to the east coast like Newark, La Guardia or JFK the polar route is the shortest. From west coast PAL stop in Guam for refuel.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    eto pa lang ang mga international airlines na nasubukan ko (coach class):

Cathay Pacific
    British Airways
    Philippine Airlines
    United Airlines
    Cebu Pacific

the first four were Boeing 747-400 and the 5th one was Boeing 737-XX? I'd take Cathay Pacific, British Airways, or Cebu Pacific any day over PAL. walang individual lcd screen yung headrest ng upuan nong PAL na sinakyan ko. hindi masyadong friendly ang mga flight attendants nila sa kapwa nila Pinoy na nandon sa coach class ... United Air....ummm..last time i rode with UA we were delayed for more than 12 hours in HI with no free meal and hotel..
    Last edited by n2knee; June 12th, 2007 at 08:39 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    In no particular order: Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, Malaysia Air, Cathay Pacific, British Airways at Gulf Air.

Ayaw ko sa Northwest: matatanda na at masusungit yung mga stewardess.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Which Airline Do you Prefer?