New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I don't start that many threads. But, I'm planning another trip abroad and it struck me that the most enjoyable airline I've flown in thus far is Northwest Air during my trip to USA-Japan and back.

Why? The amenities. I'm not sure if this is standard fare among most airlines nowadays. But on the way to Japan, I rode in a Northwest Air 747. I only flew coach. However, some things got me smiling:

* The seats were fairly spacious
    * All seats have an lcd touchscreen.
    * A "huge" selection of movies and music all organized by genre
    * Online duty-free shopping.
    * Video games for a small fee
    * A remote for the lcd screen which doubled as a gamepad and a phone (I think)
    * Business class has internet capability plus power outlets to save battery power of laptops
    * Business class also had some very nice seats which were literally beds when stretched out
    * Add the usually good food and courteous crew

On the round-trip portion back from Japan, I flew Northwest Air again but this time on an Airbus ??? Same amenities. But the seats on coach and the spacing were even better than coach on the 747.

I haven't tried any other international airlines recently. So, I'm wondering if the amenities with Northwest Air is more common now on the other airlines. If it's not, then I'll have to stick with Northwest Air on the next trip. With the amenities on coach, I really don't see a need to go business class.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No help from me. I also fly Northwest coach.

The airline whose cabin crew is composed mainly of lolas. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Na try ko na PAL, Cathay, Lufthansa at Singapore Airlines. For me singapore Airlines ang pinaka ok, kasi kahit economy class may LCD screens with free movies and free DOS video games. Ang se-***y pa ng mga stewardes.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    mr. jun, what are you travel plan? maybe i can help...airbus is my midlle name. tama is doc otep grumpy lola ang FA ng northworst airline.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    No help from me. I also fly Northwest coach.

The airline whose cabin crew is composed mainly of lolas. hehehe.
    Well, the 747 I flew had an almost all-Japanese crew and some of the women looked quite young. On the Airbus... Yup. There were a couple of prunes. But, most I wouldn't consider too old...late twenties, early thirty's. Still, I didn't pay much attention to them because I was busy watching movies. The selection of good movies was plentiful enough that I actually never had to turn on my portable dvd player.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    My two cents worth..
    EMIRATES Airlines- Skywards Freq flyer program( loads of perks ++++)
    Latest aircrafts plus superb meals,best inflight entertainment.
    Efficient, caring, gracious cabin crews even their ground staffs.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    emirates EK, cathay pacific CX, singapore airlines SQ.....these airline is the benchmark of airline industry...and they are all asian asian airlines.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    mr. jun, what are you travel plan? maybe i can help...airbus is my midlle name. tama is doc otep grumpy lola ang FA ng northworst airline.
    We'll see if my wife can't find anything. But, she has a lot of travel agent contacts on the "Pinay Grapevine". In fact, she's the one who arranged that last trip because she said I didn't know how to save.

Add: Anyway, the trip involves me and our daughter staying in Japan with my cousin while my wife, the (by then) newborn kid, and my mother-in-law continue on to the Philippines. My mother-in-law will stay in the Philippines while my wife and new kid head back to Japan where we'll meet and go sightseeing before heading back home. Tentative time is summer of next year.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 11th, 2007 at 09:32 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To be fair, the Asian leg of most NW flights are composed mainly of younger cabin crew members. It's the North American part that seems to be full of grannies. I don't have anything against older citizens. It was just an observation.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Preferred airlines.....

- Singapore Airlines
    - Cathay Pacific
    - Emirates Airlines

The best ang Singapore. Mga ***y at ang babata. Lagi pang nakangiti, kahit pagod na sila.

Papuntang Tate naman, usually....

- AA (yung Class J nila, Bose Noise Cancelling HP ang bigay nila Galing! )
    - UA
    - Northwest

Mga lola na nga mga flight stewardess nila. Kundi naman lola...........ang lalapad! Hirap sila dumaan sa aisle.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Which Airline Do you Prefer?