New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    CX economy trans pacific flights is always nearly full 85% load. If you are going to US east coast try singapore premium economy SIN to EWR (newark) world's longest non-stop flight 17HR30Min.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pag dito dito lang sa Asia, I prefer PAL para di na nakipagsisikan sa NAIA

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I always fly NorthWest para sa mileage. Suwerte kami dahil business class kami palagi all the way to CA. Normally, 2x-3x a year ang biyahe ko. Base sa mga airlines from Manila flying this route (MNL-SFO), pinakamura ang NW, followed by PAL. Iyon ang alam namin sa opisina....

Ngayon, video on demand na, dati hindi Mga lola nga from Narita-SFO, at suplada sila,- asar nga,-pero I make them work harder. Tipong tumitingin sa kulay. Pero Narita-Manila, mga bata at mababait ang mga cabin attendants. Iba talaga ang mga Asians.

Once, a couple of years ago yata, I needed to change plane dahil mas maaga akong umuwi, and I couldn't get confirmation from NW. I flew UA from SFO to Narita and JAL from Narita to Manila. I was impressed with JAL, malinis ang eroplano at masarap ang pagkain. And since 1 hour earlier ang arrival sa NAIA vs. NW from Narita,- wala kang kalaban sa immigration at madaling lumabas ng airport.

PAL,- ayos din sa mga panahon na ito. Direct flight pa kaya mas maigsi ang biyahe... Madali raw makakuha ng free flight vs. your accumulated mileage sabi ng kasama ko,- hindi katulad ng NW na 'madaya' at mahirap makakuha... Kailangang idoble mo ang mileage vs. published numbers para ka makakuha ng round trip ticket to the US. Hindi tuloy kami makapagbakasyon sa US na aking pamilya....

Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines,- maganda ang service, masarap ang pagkain - pero mahal ang pamasahe....

2901:pokemon:
    Last edited by CVT; June 11th, 2007 at 09:49 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Preferred airlines.....

- Singapore Airlines
    - Cathay Pacific
    - Emirates Airlines

The best ang Singapore. Mga ***y at ang babata. Lagi pang nakangiti, kahit pagod na sila.
    I've flown Singapore Airlines once. I can't remember much of it because I spent most of the flight asleep. During the 90's, I flew on a number of Cathay Pacific flights on both coach and first/business class. Or maybe some of them were with China Airlines. I know business class on those airlines had a lot of the same amenities back then. but, coach didn't. Like I said, I'm a bit behind when it came to airline travel. That's why I was surprised with Northwest Air.

I should try Singapore Airlines again. I've heard nothing but good things about that airline.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just flew to Amsterdam last week on KLM (777). Business class was superb and seat can be reclined 180 degrees with matching massager. Food was great and entertainment was superb. Connecting to other European countries is almost hassle free in Amsterdam. Went to Paris for a couple of days and back to Manila all in one week. The Business Class seat was just so comfortable I didnt feel tired at all.

By the way, in Amsterdam MJ is legal and I was talking to a police officer on bike and he was actually rolling his "joots" and puffing after.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Never tried diff. Airline before but Cathy whenever I/we traveled Asia. I invested a good relationship ( Marco Polo Club Diamond)with the Airline industry since I fly twice a year to the Pacific. Accomodations for me or my family even peak seasons is always on the go. Excellent service, awards winner for customer service, frequent flyer programme, the environment and VIP treatment and one of the most highly regarded Airlines are few good reasons why Im flying CATHY.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I once tried Air France. I took Air France from Singapore going to Morocco (via Charles de Gaulle, Paris, France). I was in the Business Class section, pero natapat ako sa lumang unit (B777). Maingay yung cabin, nalangitngit!

The best pa rin ang Singapore Airlines sa lahat. On time na, asikaso ka pang maigi ng crew.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Going back and forth to Kuwait my number 1 choice is Qatar Airways (kasi may privilege card ako hehehehe).

Second is Emirates Airlines. (ganda mga Flight Stewardess + ganda service)
    Third is Thai Airways. (ganda mga Flight Stewardess + sarap pagkain)

Going to UK naman, I always fly British Airways on Business Class. Sagot kasi palagi ng company ko...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Am a frequent flyer of Singapore Air, started two years back after deciding which airline suites to my travel. Being a construction engineer outside Pinas my maximum air travel is four times a year. The farthest assignment so far is Iceland and this is where i ended chosing SingAir. I've tried Scandinavian, it's bad i was seated to the last #(tail side) with my lady seatmate as big as Dabiana. KLM via Amsterdam nothing fancy. Lufthansa via Frankfurt its like mercedes benz, you can sleep well in economy, common foods and no individual video screen.

British Airways via London, mas okay pa yata PAL nawala nga lang. Air France..wow they loved giving passengers free red or white wine in a small bottle. Thai airways..i can compare to Cathay Pacific being asian with similar services.

I am not impressed of all these airlines so then i tried SingAir via London..hmmmn. Their stewardess wore batik with a slit up to three inches below bibingka. Daring din ang cleavage! Spacious seats, lcd, huge selection of movies and music, duty free, newly intruduced wifi, you can ask as many drinks you want. Always on time pa! I missed their first trip of A380 via London kasi nasa Oman na ko.

By the way Icelandair, they said cheap kasi you have to pay your drinks! Monopoly, there is no other airline going to Iceland.

There is only one problem with Singair...mahal!
    Cheers!!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Napag-usapan na lang din ang mga airlines.....

Nasubukan nyo na bang ma-delay ang flight ng 8 hrs? That happened to me with PAL! I was still working in Bahrain before (1996). Pabalik na ako ng Bahrain, from my vacation (via Dubai). From Dubai, connecting flight ako via Gulf Air na. Yung plane na sasakayan sana namin, never arrived (from Dubai). Na-cancel yung Dubai-Manila flight. Kaya wala kaming masasakyan. Nu'ng una, delayed lang daw ng 2 hrs. Then another announcement na another 2 hrs. Marami na nagreklamo.

Then eto na, since wala ngang plane na available, in-announce ng PAL, na yung plane na galing Sydney yun pa pinahintay sa amin. Yung flight naming hapon, gabi na ang alis. Yung mga passengers, sa NAIA waiting lounge lang. Di man lang kami pinag-hotel. Ang meryenda, napakasarap! Nakikita ko lang ito sa mga lamayan.........yung "walang kamatayang" egg sandwich at yung patok na Sunny Orange drink!

Eventually, ipina-cancel ko rin yung flight ko, since di ko na mahahabol yung connecting flight ko sa Dubai.

Nung sa Singapore pa ako, kahit yung mga PAL flights pa-Singapore, nadi-delay din. Kaya laging SQ lagi ako, kahit mas mahal. Dito sa Saudi, wala na ang PAL. Mahina daw kasi ang kita sa rutang ito. Eh, pa'no, masagwa ang serbisyo. Kaya mga OFWs, mas preferred yung Saudia, Cathay at Emirates.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; June 12th, 2007 at 04:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Which Airline Do you Prefer?