New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have a 2002 Toyota Revo GLX with 2L engine, A03A ang axle code which base on the internet 4.10 ang ratio,-and I am not sure kung iyon talaga ang inilagay ng Toyota Philippines sa Revo diesel. Question is nababagalan ako sa accelartion and planning to re-gear it. Mga gurus ano ang dapat ng gear ratio na ipapalit ko para kahit papaano bumilis ng kaunti, without suffering the hatak sa paakyat/paahon. Salamat po!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    I have a 2002 Toyota Revo GLX with 2L engine, A03A ang axle code which base on the internet 4.10 ang ratio,-and I am not sure kung iyon talaga ang inilagay ng Toyota Philippines sa Revo diesel. Question is nababagalan ako sa accelartion and planning to re-gear it. Mga gurus ano ang dapat ng gear ratio na ipapalit ko para kahit papaano bumilis ng kaunti, without suffering the hatak sa paakyat/paahon. Salamat po!
    molasses-like acceleration was a regular complaint against those diesel vehicles. they were designed to be carabaos (tamaraw!), slowly lugging along, reliably, without complaint..
    i don't know if there is provision to alter the drive ratios...

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 20th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    When we had a Mitsubishi L300, I always skip 1st gear whenever it's not carrying a load. This particular 1st gear has such a short gearing that it's only really helpful when carrying mid to heavy loads or driving uphill from a stop.

I'd try accelerating from 2nd gear (with light load) and see if it helps.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I am not sure if toyota released a lower ratio third member for the revo. But yes their ratio is 4.10:1 which is the same with the Hiace of its generation. You can actually swap in a differential from a hiace (with the same 2L or 5L engine) as they have the same 5 stud configuration. I am not sure if you can place a lower-ratio third member (of the toyota hilux) into the Revo differential but you can do it with the Hiace's. The only drawback if you switch a lower ratio third member will be your top speed becomes slower and your engine noiser at high speed. The benefit of lower ratio gearing will be felt during uphill climb and carrying heavier loads

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    2L of same era, gamit ito ng Hilux and Hi-Ace, and ginamit din ito Crown. Sana may nakapagpalit and their feedback.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

molasses-like acceleration was a regular complaint against those diesel vehicles. they were designed to be carabaos (tamaraw!), slowly lugging along, reliably, without complaint..

good luck.
    this reply won't help, better not reply to the thread at all if this is the kind of response I would get.
    Ako po ay humihimgi ng maayos at constructive at educational na sagot sa aking katanungan, dahil AFAIK, Crown uses 2L, Hi-Ace and Hiluxes. Pero kung ganyan ang klaseng response ang makikita ko, hay naku mga moderator, ewan ko na lang?

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

good luck.
    this reply won't help, better not reply to the thread at all if this is the kind of response I would get.
    Ako po ay humihimgi ng maayos at constructive at educational na sagot sa aking katanungan, dahil AFAIK, Crown uses 2L, Hi-Ace and Hiluxes. Pero kung ganyan ang klaseng response ang makikita ko, hay naku mga moderator, ewan ko na lang?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    to answer your query, swap in a hiace differential (8" ring gear diameter) of the same era which has the same dimensions used by a hilux of the same era (LN106 & LN166). the differential used by the REVO has a ring gear smaller than the ubiquitous 8" diff of the hilux. The differential of those hilux have an extensive ratio offers from different companies abroad (Precision gear, Yukon gear, etc, from down under & US of A) to suit your specific needs. If you are wondering, the stock gear ratio of the the hilux LN106/166 is 4.56:1. The older hilux (pre-LN106) also offered 4.88:1 ratio so as to compenstate for their asthmatic "L" engine. I hope this will satisfy your query