New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    remind ko lang horror stories ng crosswind.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselNUBI
    remind ko lang horror stories ng crosswind.
    di naman horror stories... nuisance experiences lang
    horror kung madalas kang itirik or madali masira makina or mahina hatak/power.
    kunswelo de bobo na lang malakas at matipid makina ng crosswind ;)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oo nga... hindi horror ang X-Wind... marami lang mga nakakainis lang na problemang maliit. But the fuel consumption is really terrific.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    mga sir auv po ang hinahanap hindi suv's
    nope... di rin nga sure ang thread starter if he wants an AUV.

===

for a budget of P1.3M, i'd take a look at the Hyundai Tucson. fuel mileage of 10km/L and up!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    easily done with moderate foot on accelerator pedal with an isuzu.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    easily done with moderate foot on accelerator pedal with an isuzu.
    I agree with you sir! You know I have a friend, he is around 5'11" in height. He drives a 2002 Crosswind XUV. He had been to Sagada, Baguio, and other places in Luzon accumulating more than 40K kilometers. He drives it everyday to work for around 80 kilometers and so far he had no problem with it.

Its engine may not be CRDI but it has a proven track record of durability and fuel economy despite the fact that it weighs 2.2 tons!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    beware though on horsepower and torque issue. horsepower is inversely proportional to the torque.
    What the hell, of course not!

HP=(Torque*RPM)/5252

HP is directly proportional to torque AND RPM!

5252 is a constant (a proportionality constant for math peeps), as far as you're concerned, more torque = HP if RPM stays the same, or more RPM = more HP if torque stays the same.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I had the P1.26M ($23K), I'd consider the hyundai tucson as m2 suggested. CRDI na, 4x4 pa. or dagdagan na lang konti, fortuner na :D, yun nga lang, ala akong idea sa fuel consumption nya. I heard the CRDI Hyundai matrix is also fuel efficient, pero medyo maliit. But for city driving, it might be ok. At least mas maneuverable.

dagdag ko na rin fuel consumption stats ng xto ko: 12.5km/liter combined city/hiway driving (4 yr average). Highest was 16.5km/liter hiway driving, city driving normally 11 km/liter w/ medium to heavy traffic. Lowest recorded is about 9km/liter.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Yeah... just like the Crosswind's claim of 19 km/l. Best to take it with a grain of salt... but it is true that you will rarely see less than 14 km/l in a Crosswind on the highway or 10 km/l in bad traffic.

The most tipid Diesel right now is the Matrix, which can get as high as 19 km/l in real life (advertised at 25 km/l). It's not exactly an AUV, but it still seats five and holds cargo comfortably.

Sir, confirm ko lang kung para sa A/T itong mga binanggit mong figures. If so matipid nga.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've done mine on MT, but an uncle with an AT gets similar if not the same figures. With the long gearing on the MT and the good low-down grunt of the Isuzu engine, fuel economy is mostly the same. Also, the AT gets the turbo version of the engine, which gives you a lot more torque for city driving (but it's still ass slow).

A Crosswind is an acquired taste. Some drivers just love it, some hate it (I do), but you can't deny its practicality.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
A/T AUV with Greatest Km/Liter