New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    What is likely affected when you're in reverse and slowly release the clutch then you starts moving forward because its a downhill, around 10 meters , my screetching sound habang umandar. After that incident anu kaya ang tinamaan?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gspeedy View Post
    What is likely affected when you're in reverse and slowly release the clutch then you starts moving forward because its a downhill, around 10 meters , my screetching sound habang umandar. After that incident anu kaya ang tinamaan?
    kindly re-phrase your story, po.
    magulo.
    un-gettable.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    The way i understand it, the driver was slow to shift. When he finally gets it into reverse, the car was already rolling forward because of the incline. Methinks the screeching came from the wheels suddenly jerked into reverse while going forward.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    If it is not the tires screeching it could be the clutch. So to answer your question, it could be the clutch schreeching, a sign of a little overworked on that scenario.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Hi sorry mga sir medyo magulo nga. Umatras kasi ako noon going out sa parking na inclined, so nung naka atras na nag clutch na ako while still in reverse making the car move forward but forgot to shift to 1st gear.

So while naka reverse i was slowly releasing the clutch while moving forward on the steep inclined, i heard screetching.

I's suspecting pambelt becuase it sounded like one, but some article are point to trans and engine. About 5-10 meter yun tinakbo niya before ko narealize na nakareverse.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Actually it was my girlfriend who was driving then. Medyo tinuturuan ko pa and we both failed to notice right away.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi sorry mga sir medyo magulo nga. Umatras kasi ako noon going out sa parking na inclined, so nung naka atras na nag clutch na ako while still in reverse making the car move forward but forgot to shift to 1st gear.

So while naka reverse i was slowly releasing the clutch while moving forward on the steep inclined, i heard screetching.

I's suspecting pambelt becuase it sounded like one, but some article are point to trans and engine. About 5-10 meter yun tinakbo niya before ko narealize na nakareverse.
    what comes to my mind that causes such screeching sound:
    1. idler pulley needs lubrication. now, we know that lubricating it is just a first aid measure. replacement is the long-term solution.
    2. fanbelt slippage. maluwag... nabasa... service it only. no need to replace, unless it already shows cracking.
    3. smokin'tires! but i don't think this is your cause.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what comes to my mind that causes such screeching sound:
    1. idler pulley needs lubrication. now, we know that lubricating it is just a first aid measure. replacement is the long-term solution.
    2. fanbelt slippage. maluwag... nabasa... service it only. no need to replace, unless it already shows cracking.
    3. smokin'tires! but i don't think this is your cause.
    Paano mo malalaman kung Idler Pulley may symptoms ba, easily check by mechanic? Mahal ba palit nun?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The clutch shouldn't make that noise. My guess is that what you heard was the belt. It was just pure coincidence that the noise appeared while you're still in reverse and moving forward.

BUT, if you were already coasting downhill for 5-10 meters, there would've been enough build up of speed for the tires to squeal when you released the clutch while in reverse.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Paano mo malalaman kung Idler Pulley may symptoms ba, easily check by mechanic? Mahal ba palit nun?
    if it's the idler pulley, it will remind you of it from now on. i-ingay at i-ingay yan sa hinaharap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast