New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ABA
    Ok lang yan Tsong. I used to drive automatics & very comfortable. Pag sobra na ang traffic, shift mo sa neutral.
    Yes, the only problem is the lag. Diyan malakas ang consumption mo pag bumirit ka.
    Calling all innova owners & fanatics. I nominate Innova Boy as our club president.
    is it ok ba na when driving from total stop. you just put the gear into D (drve) position without stepping on brake pedal pero andar agad siya??... kasi natamad nako step muna sa brake before set the gear to D position.. diba mali o malakas sa gas pag ganito ang driving ko??

I'm quite honor for you to nominate me as Innova club president... naiiyak ako niyan eh...he he he.. I'll just share wat can i do for the benefits of those innova fanatics...

WBR,

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Innova Boy..okay lang kahit di mo shift sa Neutral kapag sa stop light..basta wag lang sobrang tagal na umabot na mag overheat ung transmission.

Basahin mo din manual mo..madami tips dun!! malaking tulong yun.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper
    Innova Boy..okay lang kahit di mo shift sa Neutral kapag sa stop light..basta wag lang sobrang tagal na umabot na mag overheat ung transmission.

Basahin mo din manual mo..madami tips dun!! malaking tulong yun.
    THANKS KIPER,

but what i want to know is when in full idle position, i just shift my gear to D from N, then it started moving ahead slowly with out me stepping on brake pedal?? Will this not affect anything on my innova?? thanks..

I usually does this on heavy slow traffic, cause i got tire of always stepping on the brake..

WBR,

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    but what i want to know is when in full idle position, i just shift my gear to D from N, then it started moving ahead slowly with out me stepping on brake pedal?? Will this not affect anything on my innova?? thanks..

I usually does this on heavy slow traffic, cause i got tire of always stepping on the brake..
    much better if you stepped on the brake while shifting...it may cause damage to your transmission...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by raikonen
    much better if you stepped on the brake while shifting...it may cause damage to your transmission...
    INNOva boy don't do that again, kelangan nakaapak ka sa brake before ka mag shift sa 'D'. it might damage your transmission kapag nag kambyo ka na di nakaapak sa brake 'N'-'D'. Mas malakas nga pala sa krudo ang matic compared to manual. ako nga 1 time ngaddrive ako sa sobrang katamaran ko, kelangan namin magSTOP, mejo umaandar pa ng konti yung kotse nilgay ko kaagad sa 'P'-park gear ayun super subsob kami daig pang nagpanik breaking!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by raikonen
    please enlighten me on why will shifting from N to D without stepping on the brakes will damage the transmission? i also do this sometimes.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba sa U.S., Federal Law requires that there be a brake-shifter interlock? Meaning dapat naka-tapak ka sa preno before you can move the shifter from "N".

You need the brakes more as a safety feature rather than to preserve tranny life. Although yung ibang hot-rodders gumagamit ng 'neutral drop' to launch their a/t's. Basically revving the engine in neutral then dropping into "D" to launch their vehicle. The sudden inflow of torque can blow the tranny (or the engine, whichever is the weakest link).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but how about shifting from N to D at idle speed?
    Signature

I also shift from D to N during long stops, when shifting back from N to D I don't step on the brakes since theres no "locking mechanism". IMO since its a moving part it'l just be more of a wear and tear issue than a tranny issue.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    step on the brakes when shifting from N to D, safety na rin yan just in case your foot slips and presses on the gas. or you spill something like your coffee ... etc...

ako, aside from stepping on the brakes i also engage the hand brake. additional safety on my part just in case.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
AT shifting gear D, D3, D2