New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I drive a gen1 CRV and was wondering whether it's ok to leave the tranny on D4 during traffic? Shifting to N from D4 and vice-versa on a steering wheel mounted tranny compared to floor mounted one is a bit harder than the latter hence the question. I normally change gear in traffic in my Accord but with the CRV, it's a bit bothersome to shift every now and then.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sir depende din po sa sasakyan siguro kasi yung pregio ko pag traffic tapos na D parang gstong gstong tumakbo eh kaya nilalagay ko pa din sa N

tanong ko lang din pag ba mabilis ang takbo example nasa 60 or 80 tapos biglang ilalagay sa N masama ba sa matic tranny yun? tapos pag nasa N na ang gear habang 60kmh ang takbo ayos lang ba ipasok ulit sa D?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    sir depende din po sa sasakyan siguro kasi yung pregio ko pag traffic tapos na D parang gstong gstong tumakbo eh kaya nilalagay ko pa din sa N

tanong ko lang din pag ba mabilis ang takbo example nasa 60 or 80 tapos biglang ilalagay sa N masama ba sa matic tranny yun? tapos pag nasa N na ang gear habang 60kmh ang takbo ayos lang ba ipasok ulit sa D?
    never put it on N when driving.. pag naka full stop or traffic okei lang ilagay sa N tapos handbreak ka nalang. pero never sa N habang tumatakbo ng 60 ot 80 pa yan. masisira transmission mo niyan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by van118 View Post
    I drive a gen1 CRV and was wondering whether it's ok to leave the tranny on D4 during traffic? Shifting to N from D4 and vice-versa on a steering wheel mounted tranny compared to floor mounted one is a bit harder than the latter hence the question. I normally change gear in traffic in my Accord but with the CRV, it's a bit bothersome to shift every now and then.

ok lang yan,

downside lang is masmatakaw ka sa fuel and you'll labor your AT too much, wearing the clutch on the gear, usually, 1st gear. at iinitin mo lang din ang AT mo even if may oil cooler yan, e di ka naman natakbo pag trapik..

every gear on the AT has its own clutch, so dont get the notion na ang AT walang clutch, ang clutch ng AT kasing dami din ng gears.. at manipis lang mga yun...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post

one of the surest ways to ruin an at tranny is shifting to N while the vehicle is moving. walang magawa? mangulangot ka na lang kaya para busy yung malikot mong kamay.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    every gear on the AT has its own clutch, so dont get the notion na ang AT walang clutch, ang clutch ng AT kasing dami din ng gears.. at manipis lang mga yun...
    there is only one clutch, the hydromatic clutch or sometimes called the slush box. but maybe you are referring to the friction bands? those are not clutches, they serve to hold either the ring gear or planet carrier steady in a planetary gear type at. so technically they do not serve to transfer torque (what a clutch does) but instead act as a brake on the rotating parts of the planetary gear system. sa cvt type na tranny wala nito.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by van118 View Post
    pinagisipan ko ng husto bago ako nag-reply sa ts kasi medyo confuse ako dun sa D4. di pa ko nakasakay ng crv e, but i assume yung "D4" is the lowest gear, as in D-D2-D3-D4, tama ba?

kung tama, e may i ask why you have to put it in D4? engine braking ba, going downhill? why not just put it in D and let the ECU do it's job. read your car manual, there must be tips there in driving your vehicle. i have been driving AT since 1995 and in all the AT cars i have owned since then the manual says just put it in D. the only time you use D2, D3 and D4 is when engine braking, going up steep inclines or uphill and you do not want the tranny to up-shift, or when in difficult terrain (mud, snow, ice) and you require better control. otherwise you just leave it in D. in D the tranny computer selects the best gear depending on engine speed and vehicle speed.

sa traffic, pag matagal syempre adviseable to shift to N para di mag-overheat ang tranny and also mas maaksaya sa gas pag naka-gear e stop naman ang car. but i do not see the need for you to go from D4-D3-D2-D, shifting like it were a manual.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    one of the surest ways to ruin an at tranny is shifting to N while the vehicle is moving. walang magawa? mangulangot ka na lang kaya para busy yung malikot mong kamay.
    d po pala yan safe? waaahh!!! d ko na ulet e **** to N pag-moving pa... waaaaaaa! Buti na lang I read this thread

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Ituloy mo lang dahil ayos lang yang ginagawa mo pero they prefer D3 pag traffic at apak lang preno para hindi pwersado transmission kasi it-produces higher RPM bago magshift.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Question on A/T shifting during heavy traffic