New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    correct me if i'm wrong,but someone told me thats its a good practice daw and will prevent your a/t from wears if you will put it from D to N.,.,.N lang daw dapat whenever the vehicle is subjected to long time of stop,.,.,.kaya thats what im doing now pag nakastop specially in heavy traffic pag di umaandar talaga i put it in N and when ready to go engage drive..,.nadala na kasi kami sa malaking gastos pag nasira ang a/t.,.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    sir depende din po sa sasakyan siguro kasi yung pregio ko pag traffic tapos na D parang gstong gstong tumakbo eh kaya nilalagay ko pa din sa N

tanong ko lang din pag ba mabilis ang takbo example nasa 60 or 80 tapos biglang ilalagay sa N masama ba sa matic tranny yun? tapos pag nasa N na ang gear habang 60kmh ang takbo ayos lang ba ipasok ulit sa D?
    avoid it sir,from our expirience(me and my brother) were also doing it before and nasira talaga ang tranny ng auto namin.,.,.its really not a good practice kasi nagkakaroon ng sudden shock dun sa tranny if you shift it to neutral and back to drive while vehicle is moving.,.,maaring hindi magmanifest agad ang sira but over time lalabas at lalabas ung mga wears and there will come a time that you will even need to replace the whole tranny due to that bad practice.,.,again its from our expirience cost us more or less 50k for the whole assembly considering its not a brandnew replacement,.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Question on A/T shifting during heavy traffic