New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Newbie here mga sir...Nag bliblink ang O/D ( isuzu bighorn subic a/t 4jG2 engine 3.i) pag start,konting diin lang sa accelerator as in konti lang hindi na cya nagbliblink. Ung idle nya nsa 900 pag nasa 1000 nwawala na ung blink ng O/d light...is there something wrong ba? Salamat mga sir

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boyteddy View Post
    Newbie here mga sir...Nag bliblink ang O/D ( isuzu bighorn subic a/t 4jG2 engine 3.i) pag start,konting diin lang sa accelerator as in konti lang hindi na cya nagbliblink. Ung idle nya nsa 900 pag nasa 1000 nwawala na ung blink ng O/d light...is there something wrong ba? Salamat mga sir

does your transmission shift normally to all gears including overdrive? your system might have detected an out of range reading from the sensor/s.
    is your vehicle equipped with throttle by wire accelerator?
    areas to check: throttle position sensor, engine coolant temperature sensor and the vehicle speed sensor (VSS). your vehicle might have two VSSs. does your speedometer work properly?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    thank you sir..the shifting is smooth so far...i have been observing the o/d..i do have high rpms...say at 80kph the rpm is around 2800...sorry sir for my ignorance, where can i locate the tps and the sensors( vss ) ..is there a way i can or a good auto shop that can address and fix it. thank u very much

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thank you sir..the shifting is smooth so far...i have been observing the o/d..i do have high rpms...say at 80kph the rpm is around 2800...sorry sir for my ignorance, where can i locate the tps and the sensors( vss ) ..is there a way i can or a good auto shop that can address and fix it. thank u very much

at that engine speed, you are stuck to third gear ( no overdrive and no lock up of the torque converter clutch (TCC). the tps is on the intake throttle body connected directly to the opposite end of the shaft where the throttle cable quadrant is. the vss is located on the final drive of the transmission closest to the output shaft. the ect sensor is located closest to the thermostat. by the way, do you have a working thermostat?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Yes sir..the thermostat is working. if i locate the sensors what shall i do? I cant really find a good mechanic around here ( sa province po ako, nueva vizcaya).thank u

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    There was a service caravan fro isuzu cauayan ( isabela) to a nearby town in our province today. Brought the isuzu bighorn there. i told them about the problem ( doesnt engage in 4th gear and O/d ) and the blinking o/d sign. The mechanic moved the tps ( which i thought ) hindi na nagbblink ung 0/d sign. A few test drive, hindi talaga nagwowork ung 4th gear and O/D...They told me ung valve body daw ang may sira..hanap daw ng surplus- ung buong valve body with sensors...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    There was a service caravan fro isuzu cauayan ( isabela) to a nearby town in our province today. Brought the isuzu bighorn there. i told them about the problem ( doesnt engage in 4th gear and O/d ) and the blinking o/d sign. The mechanic moved the tps ( which i thought ) hindi na nagbblink ung 0/d sign. A few test drive, hindi talaga nagwowork ung 4th gear and O/D...They told me ung valve body daw ang may sira..hanap daw ng surplus- ung buong valve body with sensors...

have somebody who knows do the testing. guessing makes your attempt to correct the problem more expensive with trial and error (usually error and error)

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    thank you sir...btw...do you know someone who can do the diagnostics and fixing the problem as well...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    further testing on the wirings revealed a grounded solenoid . The tcm output is just 8 volts...am i correct that this is below the normal voltage? where can i get a surplus tcm?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    some modules are outputting 5volts or 8 volts it could be normal on your tcm. you need an information sytem or a manual to verify that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
o/d flashes