New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by st. pierre View Post
    yes sir I was using triptronic that time..
    i won't shift talaga. You're in manual/invecs mode pala eh.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    i won't shift talaga. You're in manual/invecs mode pala eh.
    Bakit po hindi magshishift sir? Salamat po.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by st. pierre View Post
    Bakit po hindi magshishift sir? Salamat po.
    it will not shift automatically because you are in manual mode. it will downshift but it will not upshift on its own

if you want to shift automatically, then you have to move the lever back to D

so nothing is wrong with the tranny except this?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    mukhang driver error lang...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    mukhang driver error lang...
    hmmm, baka unintentional oversight lang

that is why it is always best to read the owners manual

not all vehicles are created alike

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The Jazz CVT has a reset ritual.

I am not actually sure if the Montero has.

Try unplugging the battery for a few minutes and reconnecting it again. See if that solves the problem.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    it will not shift automatically because you are in manual mode. it will downshift but it will not upshift on its own

if you want to shift automatically, then you have to move the lever back to D

so nothing is wrong with the tranny except this?

hindi rin ba siya mag shift automatically once you reach the redline pag naka tiptronic? ganon kasi kia/hyundai pag naka manual mode automatic shift to next gear pag na reach yung redline.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    hindi rin ba siya mag shift automatically once you reach the redline pag naka tiptronic? ganon kasi kia/hyundai pag naka manual mode automatic shift to next gear pag na reach yung redline.
    i have never redlined it yet so i would not know

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    i have never redlined it yet so i would not know

wala ba sa owners manual?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I have also experienced this a few times when driving on mountainous roads. If I leave the gear in Drive while negotiating long, steep, winding roads, this has a tendency to happen. However, if you stop or at least slow down, it will go back to normal.

To avoid this, shift to sports mode or use the paddle shifter and select gears manually BEFORE negotiating mountainous roads. If you continue to use "D", and this happens, you will not be able to shift anymore even if you shift to sports mode. You would need to slow down or stop to correct this issue once it is present already. I never experienced this again since I started using the paddle shifter BEFORE the steep inclines. By the way, this does not happen on short inclined roads.

The invecs tranny of the monty is a learning tranny which adjusts to the driving behavior of the driver. You would notice this when you change your driving pattern and then shifting points will change after driving it for a while. When we are driving on mountainous roads, shifting points are greatly changed. I think the tranny just learns a bit slow as to realize that we are already on a flat surface. Just give it a bit more time.

This is just my own personal opinion and honestly, i dont know either if it is considered normal. A few members of MSCP has also encountered this issue but so far, no escalated damage or issue has been reported. It seems to be just a temporary issue which corrects on its own.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Monterosport A/T problem??