New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its a safety feature... just like A/T cars will not start if the tranny is in R,D,2,1.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    at least that way you prevent destroying your transmission when you crash the gears when having missed shifts.
    yup. start pa nyan mapapatingin ka pa sa paa mo checking your footworks. adjustment period lang naman yan.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i would advise na mag refreshers course ka sa driving school .. meron naman sila offer na 6hrs at mga 3K lang... playing video games and driving a real car is totally different... lalo na pag dito ka sa pinas dahil lahat ng sasakyan eh liko dito at liko doon.. at hinto dito at hinto doon.. pag napunta ka pa sa edsa, espana at avenida eh baka dun ka pa sumabit hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto pala ang dahilan:
    Description: The clutch safety switch, sometimes called a clutch start or interlock switch, is an electrical switch connected to the engine?s starting circuit.

Purpose: The clutch safety switch prevents the engine?s starter motor from cranking the engine unless the driver applies the clutch pedal. This eliminates the chance of cranking the engine with the transmission in gear, which could cause sudden vehicle movement, especially if the engine starts. In some cases, the clutch safety switch also serves a secondary purpose?it disables the cruise control if the driver applies the clutch with the cruise control engaged.

Maintenance Tips/Suggestions: Not all cars are equipped with a clutch safety switch, so check your owner?s manual for mention of this safety device. Problems with the clutch safety switch may include a no-start condition, starting with the clutch released and the transmission in gear, and inoperative cruise control. If you suspect a problem with clutch safety switch or its adjustment, consult a professional service technician.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    2500rpm? I shift at 2k. ok lang ba yun? or maximum fuel economy lang?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung shift point depende sa 'load' ng makina mo. USUALLY, between 2.5 and 3K ang shift-point with no 'load' on the engine (pasahero) walang specific na shift point or iba-iba ang shift point ng makina. rough ang makina ko kung nag shift ako ng 2K RPM, gustong gusto nya above 3K, swak na swak ang kambyo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala namang "hard-and-fast" rule on shift points... shift by feel. may ibang makina (gas ones, even) na masaya na sa 2K rpm shift points; peakier engines may prefer higher points.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    For fuel economy, I shift up as soon as I can (~2.2Krpm) as long as there's no 'nginig' in the engine. On downhills my shift point is less than 2Krpm, on uphills ~3Krpm+.
    I heard shifting too early at low rpm is good on the fuel but bad on some engine components (valves etc.) Is that true?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's fine as long as you don't lug the engine at upshift

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ako nasanay kasi ako sa car ko na walang tachometer kaya i just shift by feel.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Manual Transmission Driving Techniques