New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sorry bro., can't help you here. I have not experienced this phenomenon on our almost 4-yr old Jazz CVT...

Please keep us updated on any developments....

6220:foryou:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hindi na muna ako pumunta. eh kasi tumaas nanaman ang gas. at itetest drive nanaman ito. mauubos lang gas ko.

well, im starting to hate this car. baka palitan ko nalang ng new lancer. CVT parin naman y un at mas maganda pa hehe.

it really starts to irritate me, napakajerky imaneho at 40-60 light throttle. everytime I take my foot of the gas the rpm will drop like crazy to almost zero and come back up to 1200rpm. and you can feel the car as if someone is applying brakes for milliseconds.

its just plain irritating. lalo na sa traffic. you can't coast smoothly!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    up ko lang. sino pa ba dito merong issues?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Bad EGR? Bakit hindi mo patanong sa casa ito. EGR is exhaust gas recirculation device - it is primarily for emissions so that your exhaust gases are brought back into the intake to burn them, rather than out the exhaust as emissions. Maybe not a faulty EGR but the lines leading to it? Just a suggestion. I don't know if EGRs in modern cars have the old style vacuum control or electric na.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    have you tried having it diagnosed in another casa? or maybe even in a reputable shop w/ no direct honda affiliation bro (even though i presume it's still under warranty)? who knows maybe an outsider w/ another approach to your car's problem may just hit the g-spot

i'm just saying this because in our jazz's case, we just recently had it serviced outside the casa for the 1st time after having its warranty elapse early this year & so far the car is performing well

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    bring it back to the person that fixed it. sayang binayad mo kung may problem ulit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have someone in the casa test drive the car with you in it.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    suysuy, I have a city and I think we have the same problem - the RPM fluctates when the speed is around 30-40kph and when the gas pedal is released, it's like an engine brake.

Right now, it's been at the casa (fairview) since thursday, they said they have given it a battery of tests and their final diagnosis is a bad shift solenoid. I don't know exactly what that is but it costs 17k (my car is out of warranty already - 110k and 4 yo already).

I'm going to the casa a little later to understand it better. I just want to make it clear with them that I don't want to spend 17k and it turns out that it's not the problem.

Does anyone here have an opinion about the diagnosis - bad shift solenoid?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Just to update everyone. I got my City back from the casa last Thursday with the replaced shift solenoid and the problem is solved. The RPM is now steady when it's steady on the gas pedal. And no more engine brake-like feeling when I release the gas pedal. I just hope it stays fixed.

Hope this info helps.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    wow! thanks for that info!!! at last nadagdagan idea ko kung ano dapat ipapacheck ko. ive been scouring the net for infos

so far nalaman ko is

1. EGR valve might be dirty
    2. Throttle body needs cleaning
    3. Shift Solenoid.

but what teh heck. 17k? well, nasa warranty pa naman ito. feb 2006 ito nabili ko meron pa akong isang taon. thanks for that info

so far ok na ba ngayon city mo? wala na talagang engine brake feel?

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Honda Jazz/City CVT Problems. Anyone?