New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    baka me diperensya na ung mga differential gears nya.

check mo gears oil nya.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I have this problem with my Crosswind, before i dont have this but right there's a grinding sound when you shift to reverse it is hard to engaged in reverse.. I'm afraid I might damage the transmission.. in 1st gear i dont have this problem only in reverse.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    make sure you're in full stop before shifting to reverse.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ravelcop View Post

ravelcop,
    have your shifter linkage bushings checked. after sometime, the bushings crack, wearout or simply breaks apart.
    jick
    instructor
    guam community college

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ravelcop View Post
    sir, was this the solution to your problem?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    ravelcop,
    have your shifter linkage bushings checked. after sometime, the bushings crack, wearout or simply breaks apart.
    jick
    instructor
    guam community college

also, check the engine mounts specially the torque reaction strut (dogbone) usually installed at the north of the engine (12 o'clock position) compartment between the radiator frame and the cylinder head. the shifter arm on top of the transmission will engage but sometimes slightly pull out of gear. remember, your honda is oriented west-east (engine at nine o'clock and transmission at three o'clock) and the torque reaction is to pull away from the firewall on reverse.
    jick

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    same problem with my car. nagpalit na ako clutch master pero the problem still exist. kaya baka something wrong sa shifter linkage bushings.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Ako naman, just recently change my Clutch Disc, pressure plate and Release bearing. Hard shifting na kasi and me pagka sliding na. I have a 96 Corolla Gli. After the work, I did notice na medyo tricky yung reverse nya. Initial gamit ko after the work, grabe grinding ng reverse, parang truck. Then after a few driving, nahuli ko na kiliti. Need talagang isagad yung apak sa clutch para maging smooth ng reverse shift. Kaya lang medyo annoying kasi talagang tataymingan mo para walang grind.
    Oks lang po ba yung sagarang apak sa clutch. Should this be the reaction even new yung clutch system ko??
    Salamat sa mga magrereply...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
grinding sound when shifting to reverse