New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    you can try prens in alabang (it's along the alabang-zapote road(i hear they do good work and they're supposedly honest)), shell times in lpc (they're pretty reliable and their people are ok), or camspeed also in alabang (they're in the atc compound) i'm pretty sure i saw them fixing trannies too)

btw, no offense meant but maybe you can modify your driving habits and save yourself from further tranny headaches in the future. pahirap talaga kasi sa tranny kapag clutch driver

hth
    Last edited by baludoy; August 2nd, 2007 at 03:32 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i agree, since aware ka naman na sa bad driving habit mo, konting effort na lang para di ka paayos ng clutch parati.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    no need na to bring it to casa if you're confident in the mechanic. that's a relatively easy thing to do naman.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Take it to SpeedyFix's shop.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Wow Dennis! You really know about cars Actually I am really in need of advise that helps me go through the process of elimination. I will try what your suggested later.

I've heard about prens in Alabang. Don't they have one in Sucat as well? I'll try and call them first.

Indeed my being a clutch driver costs me a lot of headache and money as well. Kasi naman when I went to driving school the instructor told me that I could use the clutch as an alternative to the brakes (when slow driving). Since I was taught to drive that way, it's been really difficult for me to break that nasty habit off me. I also have a tendency to "babad" my foot in the clutch pedal. Now I'm slowly getting used not to "babad" my foot in the clutch pedal kasi I really got scared of that incident when I couldn't shift gears.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Additional Advise

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Additional Advise.

My car alarm (stock from Toyota) stopped working na. I tried having the remote fixed at an Electrical shop, it would work for a while but then the battery (on the remote) just keeps getting drained after 2 days so I stopped replacing the batteries na. I am assuming then that the problem is only with the remote. My spare remote is also busted so I just disabled the alarm. I was wondering lang if my remote can still be repaired or should I just buy a new car alarm system. If so how much would it cost? I called casa kasi and they said that the replacement for the remote is around 4,000 ata if I remember correctly. Baka naman its cheaper to have a new alarm system installed. Anywhow, I just want an idea. I'll deal with it after I solve my clutch problem.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i might have the same problem. when i step on the clutch, there is no pressure. the clutch pedal goes straight down, and the shifter won't go into gears. it just happened tonight, and i haven't had time to check under the hood yet. im leaning towards master/slave cylinders. still original and 10yrs old. can these be repaired? or just replace the entire thing?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slip-slick View Post
    i might have the same problem. when i step on the clutch, there is no pressure. the clutch pedal goes straight down, and the shifter won't go into gears. it just happened tonight, and i haven't had time to check under the hood yet. im leaning towards master/slave cylinders. still original and 10yrs old. can these be repaired? or just replace the entire thing?
    try paandarin ang makina tapos set ang parking brake,pero dito kailangan mabilis ka,

pump mo yung clutch pedal three times or hanggang sa maramdaman mo na kumagat na sya ,pag kumagat na sya ihold mo yung pressure tapos sabay shift to reverse,pag pumasok sya huwag mo bitawan kaagad ang clutch pedal hanggang sa maibalik ang shifter sa neutral or patayin ang makina.

result:

internal or external hydrolic leak (clutch hydrolic system).
    air in the system.

kung di naman kumagat at di rin naishift.

large leak (in or external hydrolic leak)
    worn or damage cable (cabled system)
    missing components (clip.etc.)
    misalign clutch pedal or linkage.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if there is no pressure it is either the master, slave or clutch line with a leak.

remember, brake pads are cheaper to replace than the clutch so use the brakes when slowing down. that's what they are there for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Difficulty in Shifting Gears