New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    thanks for the help guys! i traced the leak to the main cylinder. took the entire thing to an auto parts shop, di ko kasi mabuksan, wala ako nung pliers pang open e. they opened it for me and replaced the part inside, repair kit tawag nila. everything is a-ok now, clutch pedals feels good. but still under observation for a while.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slip-slick View Post
    i might have the same problem. when i step on the clutch, there is no pressure. the clutch pedal goes straight down, and the shifter won't go into gears. it just happened tonight, and i haven't had time to check under the hood yet. im leaning towards master/slave cylinders. still original and 10yrs old. can these be repaired? or just replace the entire thing?
    got the same problem and i had my master/slave cylinder replaced.now everything is ok.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have an additional question...

I only have a *minor* irritation when shifting from 1st to 2nd, sometimes it's not that smooth (as compared to shifting when in the other gears) and I could feel that there is something grinding.

Does a bushing/bearing/whatever in the shifter/tranny needs replacement?

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    since that you only have 1st and second gear problem,it might be a synchronizer issue (1st-2nd gear synchronizer)and possible 2nd mainshaft gear.

but before you jump up to this conclussion you need to check first the shift linkage like 1st-2nd shift rod (external),1st-2nd shift rail (internal)shift fork or all components that attach to 1st -2nd shift linkage.now if you find that everything is in good shape (no damage or missing) and in the right position ( including right adjustment) then you can now jump to the above conclussion. like you said earlier that you only have 1st and 2nd shifting problem then just fucos on 1st and 2nd shift components.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the advise... will have the external linkage checked. :2thumbsup:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    have an additional question...

I only have a *minor* irritation when shifting from 1st to 2nd, sometimes it's not that smooth (as compared to shifting when in the other gears) and I could feel that there is something grinding.

Does a bushing/bearing/whatever in the shifter/tranny needs replacement?

Thanks!
    check mo rin shifter linkage bushing (inside ng center console) ung nagdadala ng neutral baka may play na kulang na ang batak or tulak niya sa cable.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis powell View Post
    try paandarin ang makina tapos set ang parking brake,pero dito kailangan mabilis ka,

pump mo yung clutch pedal three times or hanggang sa maramdaman mo na kumagat na sya ,pag kumagat na sya ihold mo yung pressure tapos sabay shift to reverse,pag pumasok sya huwag mo bitawan kaagad ang clutch pedal hanggang sa maibalik ang shifter sa neutral or patayin ang makina.

result:

internal or external hydrolic leak (clutch hydrolic system).
    air in the system.

kung di naman kumagat at di rin naishift.

large leak (in or external hydrolic leak)
    worn or damage cable (cabled system)
    missing components (clip.etc.)
    misalign clutch pedal or linkage.
    i experienced the same.. di na kumakagat kahit saang gears pag naka-on engine... ano kaya prob.. tapos ang nangyare kagabe, habang dinadrive ko ng naka-3rd gear lang... (gumagana kasi gear shifting pagnaka-off engine, so ginwa ko, naka-3rd gear na ko at inistart ko engine para lang makauwe) kaso ambilis uminit, i don't know why... then, dumaan ako sa isang gas station na malapit... tinubigan nila... hanggang lumamig na makina, kaso biglang namatay makina at ayaw ng umi-start kahit jump start... kaya pinahatak ko nalang... ano kaya problema mga paps...?? mukhang nadagdagan pa prob ko nung tinubigan.. pero naka-on engine noong tinubigan... hayst... thanks sa mga comments...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    ok na prob ko dito... palit clutch pressure plate, clutch disc (durog2 na spring), release bearing shaft seal... syempre, baba transmission... 1.2k labor.. + mga piyesa 4.5k... almost 6k din.. xD

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    baka meron din kayong maadvise, problema ko kapag naka 1st gear at nagpapark ako at medyo nababad kaka-half clutch eh hindi ko na maishift ulit sa neutral. para mag reverse naman maski todo na tapak sa clutch pedal. hindi ko naman mairelease kase meron mabubunggo pero kapag wala nirerelease ko lang...

ganun din kapag trapik at naka 1st gear at medyo mababad lang ng ilang segundo eh hirap na ishift sa neutral..walang magawa kundi palayuin ang nasa unahan ko para mairelease ang clutch then tapak uli clutch then ok na ulit ang pagshift..or minsan,,patay lang ang makina..

sa ngayun kapag nasa pareho akong sitwasyun eh ang ginagawa ko laging shiftback to neutral kaya lang minsan hindi maiwasan maibabad ...anu kaya ang posibilidad na dapat tingnan o ayusin? TIA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Difficulty in Shifting Gears