New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hello mga Gurus,

May I know kung narerepair ba ang differential gear. Malaki kasi play ng inner cv joints ko. Kaya I suspect na differential gear ang problem.

Thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by deval View Post
    Hello mga Gurus,

May I know kung narerepair ba ang differential gear. Malaki kasi play ng inner cv joints ko. Kaya I suspect na differential gear ang problem.

Thanks in advance...

deval,
    your diffs can be adjusted for contact depth, tooth contact pattern and backlash. the pinion or drive gear can be adjusted fore or aft in relation to the vehicle position, the side gear or driven gear or ring gear can be adjusted crosswise of the longitude of the vehicle. if you are talking about "play", you might be referring to the backlash. this can be adjusted too.
    jick

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    thanks sir jick.cejoco

car ko is 1993 corolla gli. saan po attached yung backlash? pwede ba idismantle yung diff. gear then adjust?

thanks again...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For a front-driver with a stock open diff? Not really.

If you haven't replaced your CV Joints, just replace them... it's more likely those than your differential.

How loose are the CV Joints, and where? Between the axle and the CV, or between the CV and the differential housing?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I already replaced both inner CV joints sir. The loose between the inner CV joint and differential is about 3mm radial play.

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Time to replace that differential, then... are you sure you got the right size of CV Joints?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    yes sir i got the right size of CV Joint. Thanks to all.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    How much are differentials? What about LSDs for toyotas? Where do you buy them? Can i choose the gearing? Hope to hear from you. thanks

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrider88 View Post
    How much are differentials? What about LSDs for toyotas? Where do you buy them? Can i choose the gearing? Hope to hear from you. thanks

lsd for toyota are commonly found on supras of the eighties. there are aftermarket diffs available with different gearings. you can find them in imports magazines

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For the Corolla 4AFE, I don't know of any LSDs you can get. There is one available for the 4AGE, came with the 6 speed unit for the Levin. But I don't know if the box will bolt up to the engine or if the differential will fit in the 4AFE box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
differential gears