New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude
    yung mechanic namin disconnected kasi yung battery ng isuzu, after a few minutes binalik niya and i started to test drive the vehicle. i noticed right away that everything was working fine. pati yung shifting. then after a few kilometers ayan nanaman.

same thing as mine. pag bagong start ok pa sya. after a while ayan na. dont worry too much. i had mine checked at isuzu bulacan. they used a computer to find the fault.

at first kala ko barado lang un oil filter ko. pinalitan ko din. wala nangyari. hehe

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    wow dieselNUBI! salamat sa post mo!! looks like we have the same problem! ang problema ko nalang my ride is a converted unit and i dont think isuzu casa will accept my vehicle. is there a way to check the electronics without having to go to isuzu casa?

btw, is transmission oil the same as ATF? sorry, di ko kasi alam yun e.
    Last edited by attic_dude; April 28th, 2006 at 12:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude

btw, is transmission oil the same as ATF? sorry, di ko kasi alam yun e.
    Normally, when kotse peeps say "transmission oil," (or gear oil) it usually refers to MT vehicles...

But it's quite apparent that in DieselNubi's prior post, he experienced the same symptoms as yurs, including the Check Transmission Light (which is not present in MT's), so I guess in that context, he meant "transmission oil" = ATF

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus
    Normally, when kotse peeps say "transmission oil," (or gear oil) it usually refers to MT vehicles...

But it's quite apparent that in DieselNubi's prior post, he experienced the same symptoms as yurs, including the Check Transmission Light (which is not present in MT's), so I guess in that context, he meant "transmission oil" = ATF
    gotcha galactus! DieselNubi, tama ba sabi ni galactus? Manual yung vehicle mo? pero sabi mo same symptoms as mine? did u also have a "check transmission" light flashing sa dash mo?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    update lang guys, finally got the speedometer problem fixed. looks like it was the speed sensor nga, got one bnew for P2,200.00. haaay, now everything's back to normal na. meaning, i still have tio figure out whats causing the bighorn to downshift too soon. yung konting tapak lang downshift na siya, sometimes from 4th bigla siya mag shift to 2nd. kaso i dont know where to begin, kung sa fuel filters to or sa mga cables.

i do notice na in the mornings, pag hirap pa rin mag shift, kahit warmed up na yung engine, i press the pedal really hard often getting up to 3.5k rpm for it to shift tapos after that ok na. you think may bara lang yung mga filters kaya siya hirap mag shift?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    bump ko lang to, baka someone can help me with this:

Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude View Post
    i still have to figure out whats causing the bighorn to downshift too soon. yung konting tapak lang downshift na siya, sometimes from 4th bigla siya mag shift to 2nd. kaso i dont know where to begin, kung sa fuel filters to or sa mga cables.

i do notice na in the mornings, pag hirap pa rin mag shift, kahit warmed up na yung engine, i press the pedal really hard often getting up to 3.5k rpm for it to shift tapos after that ok na. you think may bara lang yung mga filters kaya siya hirap mag shift?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    not familiar with your a/t but modern speedo are getting the pulses from the output speed sensor (check that out, poor contact, loose wiring, bad sensor,etc)). the proper operation of most modern a/t are comparing the speed signals between input and output sensors to determine the gear ratio ( this explains the erratic shifting) yun downshift sa 2nd could be a limp mode, the tcm will remove the power to the solenoids and the trans will operate purely on hydraulics (to prevent further damage) and so you can still drive the car for service

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    [QUOTE=Galactus;] I assume your ride is AT. I dont own an Isuzu, but I have an idea on what's causing your problem. The blinking LED on the dash is similar to Honda's blinking "D4" light. Since that sensor is dependent on the speedometer/ tachometer for shifting points, fixing the speedo will solve your problem.

Our 1996 Accord A/T has the same blinking D4 light problem and a non functioning speedometer. Where can we have it fixed other than sa casa? Madali lang ba ayusin to? Sa casa kasi mahal na, kung anu ano pa ang sinasabing sira other than the one you're complaining about. Yung shop sana preferably in the Paranaque-Las Pinas-Alabang area. Thanks in advance.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Madali lang yan, any reputable shop in your area can replace the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor). AFAIK, its located near the tranny

Sa Banawe, mga 2k ang surplus, 4k+ ata ang brand new.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    sorry for the very late reply, i kinda gave up na sa trooper namin until i saw this reply. i didn't know na may input and output sensors pala. i also noticed na you mentioned new A/Ts ours is old na 1996, i dunno if this solution will apply in our case. im still wondering how to fix this problem. i'm really losing hope, ilan years na ganito yung sasakyan namin.

Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    not familiar with your a/t but modern speedo are getting the pulses from the output speed sensor (check that out, poor contact, loose wiring, bad sensor,etc)). the proper operation of most modern a/t are comparing the speed signals between input and output sensors to determine the gear ratio ( this explains the erratic shifting) yun downshift sa 2nd could be a limp mode, the tcm will remove the power to the solenoids and the trans will operate purely on hydraulics (to prevent further damage) and so you can still drive the car for service

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
"check transmission" LED on 4jg2 trooper bighorn