New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MugshotXL5 View Post
    well, update: it was all due to air trapped inside the clutch pedal system. a good friend came to my rescue and took only one check of the fork, told me it should have some play. what happened was that the slave cylinder pin was pushing the fork (like having the clutch pedal pressed midway), so that's why my clutch was perpetually disengaged and explains why i can shift gears without even touching the clutch pedal. a simple bleeding of some clutch fluid eased the slave cylinder and gave us some space between the fork and the push pin.

while at it, i also looked at how the gear shift works externally.

apparently, the mechanical stuff under the hood can survive pyroclastic flow, and only operator error (inc. an idiot like me) would cause it not to work

thanks to the good folks here at Tsikot for the suggestions! and cheers din sa lahat ng kaibigan natin sa buhay na parating maaasahan
    has this car been with you for some time now, or is it a new acquisition?

if the latter,
    my wild guess would be, someone adjusted the clutch. how this is related to the leak... but he over-adjusted it, so that eventually, nawala yung clutch play, resulting in a clutch that's perennially in limbo.
    heh heh.

nice to see that your clutch issues are over so easily.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 22nd, 2019 at 10:42 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    has this car been with you for some time now, or is it a new acquisition?

if the latter,
    my wild guess would be, someone adjusted the clutch. how this is related to the leak... but he over-adjusted it, so that eventually, nawala yung clutch play, resulting in a clutch that's perennially in limbo.
    heh heh.

nice to see that your clutch issues are over so easily.
    been with me for half a year.

It was all me, i got a clutch repair kit for the slave cylinder then installed it myself. it worked naman nung first day, then kinagabihan kinalas ko ulit to sand off some of the uneven surface inside the slave cylinder kasi parang nag-react na yung clutch fluid. too bad for me i thought cranking the clutch pedal to remove air trapped inside the lines was sufficient, and that was after seeing the pin pushing against the fork when depressing the clutch pedal. turns out sobrang tukod pala that the fork is always engaged thus decoupling the clutch disk.

chalking that up to inexperience.

Quote Originally Posted by L1quid View Post
    Hahaha! Ayos! Mas simple pa pala!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    yep senyor, buti na lang. and the shifting mechanism is rock solid, my friend said it aint going out anytime soon.

on a more positive note, the learning part is a great dividend.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MugshotXL5 View Post
    been with me for half a year.

It was all me, i got a clutch repair kit for the slave cylinder then installed it myself. it worked naman nung first day, then kinagabihan kinalas ko ulit to sand off some of the uneven surface inside the slave cylinder kasi parang nag-react na yung clutch fluid. too bad for me i thought cranking the clutch pedal to remove air trapped inside the lines was sufficient, and that was after seeing the pin pushing against the fork when depressing the clutch pedal. turns out sobrang tukod pala that the fork is always engaged thus decoupling the clutch disk.

chalking that up to inexperience.

yep senyor, buti na lang. and the shifting mechanism is rock solid, my friend said it aint going out anytime soon.

on a more positive note, the learning part is a great dividend.
    oh ok.
    clearance adjustment lang talaga.
    i have commited the same mistake myself, years ago, sa brakemaster naman.
    "mahina arangkada. and by evening at medyo madilim na, having driven about 10 km, i suddenly saw the dull cherry red color of the brake drum...!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by madball View Post
    While parking a few moments ago, I heard a popping sound and I noticed afterwards that I can easily shift to any gear without pressing the clutch. As in wala nang resistance. Ano kayang problema nito mga sir? Sa gearbox lang kaya to o sa tranny na? May play na talaga kasi dun sa shifter before at balak ko na talagang ipaayos. Vehicle is isuzu crosswind. TIA.
    You don't have to depress the clutch pedal na just to shift the gears through

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by madball View Post
    While parking a few moments ago, I heard a popping sound and I noticed afterwards that Xender Discord Omegle I can easily shift to any gear without pressing the clutch. As in wala nang resistance. Ano kayang problema nito mga sir? Sa gearbox lang kaya to o sa tranny na? May play na talaga kasi dun sa shifter before at balak ko na talagang ipaayos. Vehicle is isuzu crosswind. TIA.
    You don't have to depress the clutch pedal na just to shift the gears through

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Hi, Si Erti namin me huni pag tinatapakan ko yung clutch pedal. Ani kaya issie non, gear oil, bearing?
    TIA

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sp00nman View Post
    Hi, Si Erti namin me huni pag tinatapakan ko yung clutch pedal. Ani kaya issie non, gear oil, bearing?
    TIA

probably the release bearing.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    probably the release bearing.
    Thanks, Doc..
    Plan ko pa chk na lahat on my next chanks oil belts, last gear oil change ata nung me warranty pa.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the release bearing.
    it's one of those parts, whose labor is considerably more expensive than the part being replaced.
    heh heh.

the advice to me by a grizzled old mechanic,
    "replace the release bearing whenever you have the transmission box opened."
    fortunately, i haven't had any transmission box opened, in 2 decades...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123