New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    While parking a few moments ago, I heard a popping sound and I noticed afterwards that I can easily shift to any gear without pressing the clutch. As in wala nang resistance. Ano kayang problema nito mga sir? Sa gearbox lang kaya to o sa tranny na? May play na talaga kasi dun sa shifter before at balak ko na talagang ipaayos. Vehicle is isuzu crosswind. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    does the vehicle go into gear and move, or is it just the stick that effortless "goes into position" but the car does not move?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    does the vehicle go into gear and move, or is it just the stick that effortless "goes into position" but the car does not move?
    Nakapag-reverse pa naman po ako kanina. Di lang ako sure dun sa ibang gear. Try ko na lang bukas.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Ayaw mo yun? You don't have to depress the clutch pedal na just to shift the gears through? 😂

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^May gumagawa niyan intentionally diba? I forgot for what purpose

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Possibly yung mga di marunong gumamit ng stick shift dahil sa nasanay na muna sila sa automatic. 😂

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    semi-automatic (automatic clutch?). but the design is from scratch. it was actually the grandfather of our automatics of today. it is very rare to see a real one nowadays.
    the old VW had something like that before (in the 60s-70s?).

TS's is because something broke. and it is dangerous, because driver can easily and mistakenly get into the wrong gear.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 15th, 2018 at 11:33 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    good morning. first post po. forum wouldnt let me create a new thread yet, so hopefully malapit yung tanong ko sa scope ng thread.

meron po akong 91 small body. tanong ko lang ano po kaya ang problema kasi kahit buhay ang engine, "naipapasok" ko ang kambyo sa kahit anong position without stepping on the clutch? the engine doesnt jerk, and there is no power to the wheels. same thing even when the clutch is pressed, ayaw magtransmit ng power, as if stuck sya sa neutral. i have already checked the clutch, gumagana yung slave, tumutulak naman sya.

i understand the clutch works to "lift" the friction disk dun sa flywheel, so is it alright to think that my car is stuck in lift? or could it be hindi nakakapit ang clutch disc into the flywheel?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MugshotXL5 View Post
    good morning. first post po. forum wouldnt let me create a new thread yet, so hopefully malapit yung tanong ko sa scope ng thread.

meron po akong 91 small body. tanong ko lang ano po kaya ang problema kasi kahit buhay ang engine, "naipapasok" ko ang kambyo sa kahit anong position without stepping on the clutch? the engine doesnt jerk, and there is no power to the wheels. same thing even when the clutch is pressed, ayaw magtransmit ng power, as if stuck sya sa neutral. i have already checked the clutch, gumagana yung slave, tumutulak naman sya.

i understand the clutch works to "lift" the friction disk dun sa flywheel, so is it alright to think that my car is stuck in lift? or could it be hindi nakakapit ang clutch disc into the flywheel?
    Bago magkaganyan may kakaiba bang nangyari?

Anyway check mo din shifter mo.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by L1quid View Post
    Bago magkaganyan may kakaiba bang nangyari?

Anyway check mo din shifter mo.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    the slave clutch cylinder had leaks, so i purchased a repair kit. works flawlessly now. i can also see na tumutulak sya dun sa arm that goes inside the gearbox, so i ruled out the clutch slave and master kasi they work as they should. may suspetsa ako na sa mismong clutch assembly ang prob, di ko lang mapinpoint what happened. naggpu-pool lang po ng ideas and possible reasons before i let a mechanic open her up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast