New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hello guys, newbie here..been car owner for 8years. Pero haven't really gotten to answer these questions really straight. From old school here, na sabi ng tatay ko pagtumirik ka di pwede kadyot pag A/T.

So may certain biases ako over M/T. Saka mas malakas sa gas ang A/T? But my gf's civic is A/T but she averages 12km over my CRV M/T na 7.5km/Lt

Please enlighten me. Ang daming CRVs na ok pero A/T. What are really the pros and cons of A/T vs M/T or vice versa.

Saka yung 4X4 vs 4X2. Mas malakas daw sa gas ang 4X4 over 4X2. Pero I feel I settling for something less naman kung 4X2. I own a Gen 1 CRV. I'm thinking of upgrading to 2003 and got some options na 4X2. Is 4X2 worth looking at din ba? Help guys!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    So may certain biases ako over M/T. Saka mas malakas sa gas ang A/T? But my gf's civic is A/T but she averages 12km over my CRV M/T na 7.5km/Lt
    Hinde mo pede i compare ung fuel consumption ng crv at ng civic kasi! kahit anung gawin mo mas matipid talaga ang civic kahit mapa A/T or M/T pa ito kasi 1.6 ang engine nito at mas magaan sya sa crv at ang crv naman 2.0 at mabigat ang kaha kaya mas malakas taga itong kumain ng gas!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ay oo nga...dumb from what i know it's really casa maintained 93civic M/T at 12km/liter

can anyone enlighten me? 4x4 vs 4x2 and A/T vs M/T?

saka can i add...what is the meaning of a 2.0L engine... or 1.6L ... how do you feel this? sa pag-accelerate? the number of kilometers it can run on initial acceleration?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    saka can i add...what is the meaning of a 2.0L engine... or 1.6L ... how do you feel this? sa pag-accelerate? the number of kilometers it can run on initial acceleration?
    Yan po ang size ng engine(displacement) kung sa civic 1.6L ibig sabihin nun 1600cc ang size ng engine nya sa crv naman na 2.0, 2000cc ang makina nito!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Depende sa paggagamitan mo kung 4x2 or 4x4. Kung mahilig ka mamundok ok 4x4 pero kung puro city driving ok na 4x2. Yung consumption naman depende naman sayo kung pano ka tumapak sa pedal.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    meaning po? how will u know the difference as far as the driving experience is concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    Yan po ang size ng engine(displacement) kung sa civic 1.6L ibig sabihin nun 1600cc ang size ng engine nya sa crv naman na 2.0, 2000cc ang makina nito!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First off, comparing a Civic to a CR-V is apples to oranges. Never mind they share the same basic platform, they are still two very different vehicles.

Engine size is engine size. You can't compare a Civic with a 1.6 with a CR-V with a 2.0 because even though the CR-V will be making more power, it is pushing more weight and is less aerodynamic than the Civic.

Bigger engines generally mean more power. Generally. You still have to see how much it actually makes (measured in horespower). Some 1.6 engines can make as much power as some 2.0's depending on the design of the engine. A Honda Civic SiR made 160bhp stock. A Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 made around 145bhp.

Diesels generally need to be of larger displacement to compare with gasoline engines' output. E.g. Old Nissan Patrols had 4.2 engines which had an output of 115bhp. That's even less horsepower than a Civic sedan.

You have to correlate engine output (horsepower) with weight (curb weight). This gives you the power to weight ratio (pounds per horsepower). Which can give you a general idea of how fast the vehicle can be. But driving feel is still dependent on a lot of other things including body structure, tires, suspension, weight distribution, gearing, etc.

Learn more about 4x4 systems here: http://www.4x4abc.com/

If you have no use for a 4x4 system and have no intention of driving off-road, just get a 4x2. It will just be dead weight under your vehicle unless you get one with a lightweight 4x4 system (generally found in cute utes like the CR-V).

A/T cannot be push started. But you'd be surprised how few people nowadays know hot to push start even a manual transmission. Just have a good set of jumper cables and learn how to use it. If you get a dead battery, you can always get some juice from passing taxi drivers or other motorists with your jumper cables (bigyan mo na lang ng pang-yosi after).
    Last edited by OTEP; September 13th, 2006 at 08:53 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    based from HCP CR-V owners when comparing our fuel consumption mas malakas sa gas yung Gen2 than the Gen1 CR-V.

One more thing for Honda's RTAWD negligible yung difference ng fuel consumption between a 4x4 and 4x2 since di naman lagi naka engage yung 4wheels nun. The RTAWD is essentially a FWD vehicle where the rear activates when the front loses its grip. sandali lang yun mag engage ng 4wd tapos balik ulit sa FWD.

as for the added weight of the CR-V's rear differential for the 4x4 negligible rin since maliit lang yun so it doesnt really affect the fuel consumption.

if you're planning to get the cr-v get the manual tranny for better fuel consumption. Gen2 A/T averages around 5-6km/L while the M/T has around 7km/L

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    So if i'm just really driving here in the city or an ocassional out of town trip...long fast drives...it really doesn't matter kung 4x4 o 4x2..in that respect pareho lang siya? pag off road and the engine needs more push for example an uphill slope...dun ok yung 4x4? or sa cloud 9 sa antipolo?

sabagay my gen 1 crv ala problema paakyat sa sumulong highway or sa cloud 9 sa antipolo...

so a gen 2 m/t 4x2 is ok na rin?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i average about 8-10 km/l city driving (but not in metro manila, sa legazpi city)
    and about 12-14 km/l. my 4x2 crv is AT.
    from what i hear, my gas consumption is pretty good compared to others - around 6-7 cty and 8-9 highway.
    i'd suggest the auto tranny. the convenience of the AT outweighs the very small
    difference in gas consumption. (sa driver lang yan pre)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
4X4 VS 4X2 and A/T vs M/T - Pls help!