New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hello Tsikoters, I was wondering if someone has experienced yung tunog na parang tomotope or tunog na parang diesel when driving from a standstill. Lumalabas yung tunog at 1K rpm and below. Pag past 1K rpm na, nawawala na sya. Same thing happens din pag nagdecelerate ka from say 2K rpm, lalabas ulit yung tunog pag hit ng 1K rpm. Wala naman yung sound pag P or N, or pagka naka manual mode. Car is a loaner for my wife sa company nila and has clocked more than 55K kms na.

Baka meron mga bros sa inyo naka experience nito. Kindly shed some light. Thanks sa mga sasagot.

Cheers!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteb16a View Post
    Hello Tsikoters, I was wondering if someone has experienced yung tunog na parang tomotope or tunog na parang diesel when driving from a standstill. Lumalabas yung tunog at 1K rpm and below. Pag past 1K rpm na, nawawala na sya. Same thing happens din pag nagdecelerate ka from say 2K rpm, lalabas ulit yung tunog pag hit ng 1K rpm. Wala naman yung sound pag P or N, or pagka naka manual mode. Car is a loaner for my wife sa company nila and has clocked more than 55K kms na.

Baka meron mga bros sa inyo naka experience nito. Kindly shed some light. Thanks sa mga sasagot.

Cheers!
    when was the last time you replaced your spark plug?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    when was the last time you replaced your spark plug?
    Not sure when. We have no record of the car's service history. Could it be the plugs causing this? Had the engine oil already replaced.

Forgot to mention also the unusual whine coming from the CVT when pushed.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Cheers!
    perhaps it needs a tune-up.
    change sparking plugs. check and adjust ignition timing.
    ...shooting from the hip here, as i have no idea regarding the car's condition.

sounds like a car in drive-away condition. you know... just drive it in any condition.
    heh heh.
    joke.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Cheers!
    Knocking is normally caused by hot spots in your combustion chamber that ignite the air-fuel mixture before the spark plug fires. Could be the car was poorly maintained and has hot carbon deposits on the valves or cylinder heads...or you have spark plugs that have the wrong heat range. This is very bad for the engine and should be fixed ASAP by a qualified mechanic.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Your vios comes with iridium plugs stock from the casa. Hopefully di pa pinalitan yan. It should last 100k kms (daw)

I will just change gas to higher octane or fill up elsewhere. Mukhang adulterated gas nakuha mo

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Cheers!
    i wonder,
    who's gonna be the one to spend for the fix,
    the company, or the user?

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Kung company car na kakaturnover pa lang to your wife, hopefully she can tell management na need tune up or check because of... (what you elaborated).

Re the cvt, nagcvtf change na ba yung vios?
    And yung tanung nila re spark plugs, maybe need.

Though nakairidium, since traffic sa atin at madalas idling, baka... Baka lang may isa na pumalya na sa sparks? Pacheck na lang siguru to be sure.

Mahirap na masisi na kasalanan ng nagmana kung namana na may lamat yung kotse.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Dont tell service to change the spark plugs agad. That's an automatic cost to you. Have it inspected and shown to you. The stock plugs last long as they're mid tier. I'm guessing they're platinums.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    perhaps it needs a tune-up.
    change sparking plugs. check and adjust ignition timing.
    ...shooting from the hip here, as i have no idea regarding the car's condition.

sounds like a car in drive-away condition. you know... just drive it in any condition.
    heh heh.
    joke.
    Haha..this made me laugh..drive away condition. It seems so, previous user was neglectful of the vehicle's condition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast