New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Meron po akong tanong regarding sa change of ATF for fortuner 2016::

Sa diagram ng maintenance schedule na nasa manual, ang nakalagay for ATF is I or inspection at 40,000km and also inspection at 80,000km and ang nasa duol ay 24 months. So tanong ko is hindi kailangan palitan ang ATF sa 40k and 80k? Ano yung 24months? Does it mean na on the 24th month, dapat palitan? Usually kase around 24months hindi pa aabot ng 40,000km, mga 20,000km pa seguro...

The same goes to other fluids...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Meron po akong tanong regarding sa change of ATF for fortuner 2016::

Sa diagram ng maintenance schedule na nasa manual, ang nakalagay for ATF is I or inspection at 40,000km and also inspection at 80,000km and ang nasa duol ay 24 months. So tanong ko is hindi kailangan palitan ang ATF sa 40k and 80k? Ano yung 24months? Does it mean na on the 24th month, dapat palitan? Usually kase around 24months hindi pa aabot ng 40,000km, mga 20,000km pa seguro...

The same goes to other fluids...
    Just have it replaced for peace of mind. Di naman ganun kamahal ang ATF WS.

Sa vios ko nga i change ATF yearly even though it is used only for 2000 kms per year.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Just have it replaced for peace of mind. Di naman ganun kamahal ang ATF WS.

Sa vios ko nga i change ATF yearly even though it is used only for 2000 kms per year.

di ba waste of money yan?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    peace of mind has no price.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Di naman. Its cheap and prolongs the life of the tranny. Change atf every after 2 oil changes. Mura lang naman. Cheaper pa nga than synthetic motor oil

6. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Most owner's manuals are confusing.

For hot climate countries like ours and traffic has never gotten any better, changing fluids like the ATF's every 40K kms. is highly recommended.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Most owner's manuals are confusing.

For hot climate countries like ours and traffic has never gotten any better, changing fluids like the ATF's every 40K kms. is highly recommended.
    Napaka mura na ng transfluid. Drain and fill 3L or so for the suzuk 4AT. Doable ever 24months.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    So I decided that I will have to change the ATF of my 2016 Fortuner A/T Diesel, my question is would it involve only changing the ATF or would it need to remove and clean what is inside the transmission and need to change the gasket? Sorry noob here.... btw, it will be done outside casa

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    So I decided that I will have to change the ATF of my 2016 Fortuner A/T Diesel, my question is would it involve only changing the ATF or would it need to remove and clean what is inside the transmission and need to change the gasket? Sorry noob here.... btw, it will be done outside casa
    Normal drain and refill will do. A full fluid dialysis can be done but you need a machine for it. You can not just open the whole transmission assembly unless a part needs to be replaced or you need to overhaul the whole assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk