New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ingat lang mga peeps... bawal na ang road hog sa overtaking lane.

TRAFFIC RULES ADVISORY * SLEX
    31 MAY 2011

IMPORTANT WARNING

After an extended period of apprehension with warning to motorists caught overspeeding and staying in the overtaking lane, SLEX will apprehend and issue tickets for these violations starting June 1, 2011.

To avoid fines and penalties imposed by the Land Transportation Office (LTO) of the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC), strictly obey traffic signs within South Luzon Tollway (SLEX).

Additional Information:

- Speed Limit: 60-100 kph
    - Overtaking Lane: Innermost Lane
    - Overtaking Speed: 110kph; 120kph allowed within 30-60 seconds
    - How over speeding is identified: via CCTV cameras/speed gun along Alabang to Sto.Tomas
    - How Tickets will be issued: at toll booths or thru Traffic Officers (flag down) along SLEX. Driver?s license will be confiscated in exchange for a Temporary Operator?s Permit (TOP) which is valid for 3 working days.
    - Where to render/pay penalty: during office hours at LTO Quezon City ? East Avenue or LTO Region IV at Lipa, Batangas. Confiscated Driver?s license will be turned over to LTO the following day.
    - Traffic Information is provided thru Digital Variable Signages located at Susana Heights and Sta. Rosa
    - Reference Regulation: RA 4136-Traffic Code of the Philippines
    - Emergency Assistance Nos.: CP No. 0908-880-7539
    Landline No. (049) 508-7539

For further inquiries, pls contact Ms. Liza Beronio at local 5641 or thru email or MATES at Tel. No. (049) 508-7539

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    YES....Finally ang tagal ko hinintay neto...sa lahat na kinaiinisan ko sa Daan yang mga ROAD HOG sa Overtaking Lane.. Based on those road hogs interpretation pala is they are allowed to stay there as long as they are within speed limits..and their contention is yung mga nagflash ng ilaw ang bastos kase overspeeding na daw sila at they were just within the speed limits. So I presumed na it is really a wrong interpretation on their part kaya ngaun I try not to get pissed whenever i encounter this overtaking lane hogs. SLEX should also put some leaflets what is the meaning of overtaking lanes..madami ang mga pilosopo sa kalye.

Kelan kaya gayanin ng STAR Toll managment yan....kahit ung sa Road hog na lang ung speed kahit nd na hehehehe
    Last edited by Jiggs; June 2nd, 2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: typo correction

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

- Overtaking Lane: Innermost Lane
    - Overtaking Speed: 110kph; 120kph allowed within 30-60 seconds
    One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three.....

13.3K:springsmile:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana ganyan din sa CITRA

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    This is excellent news! Hopefully cars like the Ford Subaru Lynx I posted in the RICE thread would stop hogging the overtaking lane at 90 kph.

Also, kudos to SLEX for having a reasonable read on the rules that govern the overtaking lanes. That's exactly how I follow the rule: 110 kph on overtaking, with an occasional burst to 120 kph for a few seconds to avoid getting boxed in when overtaking vehicles at the 90-100 kph range (usually long trailers or convoys of 2-4 vehicles).

I would like, however, to have some more rules put in place like:

- Trucks and buses should stick to their designated lanes
    - Trucks and buses should NOT be allowed to go beyond 80 kph
    - Trucks and buses should NOT be allowed in the overtaking lanes except in emergency situations
    - Vehicles in poor condition should not be allowed inside the tollways

I've seen my share of near misses as provincial buses and rickety trucks attempt to overtake other vehicles, especially the buses. Buses are notorious for weaving in and out of lanes.

I've also seen jeepneys and very old and creaky vehicles stop in the middle of SLEX and NLEX, causing great inconvenience especially in rush moments (such as longs weekends and holidays).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    This is excellent news! Hopefully cars like the Ford Subaru Lynx I posted in the RICE thread would stop hogging the overtaking lane at 90 kph.

Also, kudos to SLEX for having a reasonable read on the rules that govern the overtaking lanes. That's exactly how I follow the rule: 110 kph on overtaking, with an occasional burst to 120 kph for a few seconds to avoid getting boxed in when overtaking vehicles at the 90-100 kph range (usually long trailers or convoys of 2-4 vehicles).

I would like, however, to have some more rules put in place like:

- Trucks and buses should stick to their designated lanes
    - Trucks and buses should NOT be allowed to go beyond 80 kph
    - Trucks and buses should NOT be allowed in the overtaking lanes except in emergency situations
    - Vehicles in poor condition should not be allowed inside the tollways

I've seen my share of near misses as provincial buses and rickety trucks attempt to overtake other vehicles, especially the buses. Buses are notorious for weaving in and out of lanes.

I've also seen jeepneys and very old and creaky vehicles stop in the middle of SLEX and NLEX, causing great inconvenience especially in rush moments (such as longs weekends and holidays).
    +1 on this... yang mga dilapidated vehicles di na dapat pipapasok sa expressway. pati yung mga sasakayan na incomplete yung lights.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    sana ganyan din sa CITRA
    Bara-bara bay pa bro sa Nichols/C5 to Alabang at tsaka sa Skyway....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three.....

Puwede na diba?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Oo nga bro.,- pero kapag pumalo ka na ng ciento veinte at maluwag ang kalye.... Parang mahirap nang pabagalin....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    man... mas mahihirapan ako magtesting mareach ang top speed niyan..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Traffic rules advisory * slex