New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For someone like me who is so used with road humps (I live in BF Homes), I really find nothing wrong with the new humps in BGC. People can deal with it. It's not like a wall or barrier you can't cross.

I drive fast when I want to but I do slow down when I encounter road humps.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ayala can build first world humps like in AAV and Ayala Heights if they wanted to. Sinadya yung crappy humps sa BGC maybe because so many motorists don't stop for pedestrians.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I walk around BGC a lot (do I sound like OB) and vehicles are noticeably more respectful/conscious of traffic rules compared to areas outside BGC nga. In my entire pedestrian life in BGC, I only encountered one idiot lady driver in a beat up civic Kaya nagtataka why people are saying hindi respected pedestrians in BGC

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    To point out to idiots that theyre suppose to stop when pedestrians are crossing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes, when I stop to let pedestrians cross. The car behind me will start blowing his horn. Smh.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Sometimes, when I stop to let pedestrians cross. The car behind me will start blowing his horn. Smh.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
    Idiots I also hate when I keep the intersection open and the car to my side blocks it. Wow.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It looks like it's permanent. Pinintahan na e

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM BGC:

The installation of the new speed bumps in Bonifacio Global City is a strong effort to protect the safety of our pedestrians.

Speed bumps, which are more abrupt than speed humps, are meant for vehicles to come to a near-stop just before a pedestrian lane, while speed humps only require vehicles to come to a rolling stop.

This initiative is part of an even bigger road safety & pedestrian-priority program which includes deputized Ped-Priority Marshals, who are currently already deployed in pedestrian heavy intersections.

The specifications of the bumps are aligned with the international practice and are strategically located in areas with high pedestrian volume i.e. institutions & retail gateways, and where there are no traffic lights. As with all new schemes, we understand that there may be some discomfort from motorists. Rest assured, we will continue to vigilantly monitor this.

We look forward to the public’s understanding and cooperation on this matter. Thank you very much.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM BGC:

The installation of the new speed bumps in Bonifacio Global City is a strong effort to protect the safety of our pedestrians.

Speed bumps, which are more abrupt than speed humps, are meant for vehicles to come to a near-stop just before a pedestrian lane, while speed humps only require vehicles to come to a rolling stop.

This initiative is part of an even bigger road safety & pedestrian-priority program which includes deputized Ped-Priority Marshals, who are currently already deployed in pedestrian heavy intersections.

The specifications of the bumps are aligned with the international practice and are strategically located in areas with high pedestrian volume i.e. institutions & retail gateways, and where there are no traffic lights. As with all new schemes, we understand that there may be some discomfort from motorists. Rest assured, we will continue to vigilantly monitor this.

We look forward to the public’s understanding and cooperation on this matter. Thank you very much.
    Great job by ayala to protect pedestrians. Just like in BHS, they have elevated pedestrian lanes and humps for a few years already

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Great job by ayala to protect pedestrians. Just like in BHS, they have elevated pedestrian lanes and humps for a few years already

Which is why I don't get the additional humps at 7th ave. There already is an elevated pedestrian lane like in the photo I posted.

Traffic!