New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Conflicting info? MMDA says they're banned.
    Then DOTR makes this post that says they can still ply the streets, just stay in the bike lane?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Conflicting info? MMDA says they're banned.
    Then DOTR makes this post that says they can still ply the streets, just stay in the bike lane?

but what if there is no clearly designated bike lane?
    shall it be assumed that the outermost (rightmost) lane is the bike lane?

at ano gagawin sa mga lumabag?
    confiscation ba, money penalty, kalaboso time, or a wagging finger only?
    personally, wagging fingers don't work.

but yes,
    these government entities should meet and agree, lest the public be confused.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 7th, 2024 at 10:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but what if there is no clearly designated bike lane?
    shall it be assumed that the outermost (rightmost) lane is the bike lane?
    IMO. get off the bike and push - will be the easiest way to escape apprehension.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I imagine they won't be in this predicament if they only knew how to stay on the side of the road on bike lane, and not block the traffic in the middle of the road.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    IMO. get off the bike and push - will be the easiest way to escape apprehension.
    Ang "ipinagbabawal na teknik".
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I was just watcign the news. Pinag huhuli ng MMDA yung mga e-bike at e-trike sa may edsa pasay. Yung iba na impound pa sa Tumana Marikina.

I'm just wondering, pano nila iuuwi yung e-bike from Marikina to Pasay? Maybe they need to bring couple of spare battery? Tapos kailangan hindi major road dumaan kundi huli ulit.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I was just watcign the news. Pinag huhuli ng MMDA yung mga e-bike at e-trike sa may edsa pasay. Yung iba na impound pa sa Tumana Marikina.

I'm just wondering, pano nila iuuwi yung e-bike from Marikina to Pasay? Maybe they need to bring couple of spare battery? Tapos kailangan hindi major road dumaan kundi huli ulit.
    Ang tagal na ibinalita yang ban. Tapos warning pa ang ginawa first few days. Yung mga nahuli pa talagang matitigas ang ulo. Serves them right. Hanap sila ng truck or pickup para sunduin yung e-vehicle nila.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019

I think the bigger ones which has more ampere in the battery can go around 45 - 55km. Smaller ones around 30 - 40km in one charge,

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

normally, i would feel for the e-bike and e-trike users, as "these are probably all they can afford".
    but as i have personally seen how irresponsible some of these users act on public roads... my empathy for them is kept in check.

i believe that it is only proper, that said users be required lessons on common road courtesy and common sense,
    and that if they violate, then they be penalized, just like motor vehicle drivers.

rant.
    i hope those electric trikes na namamasada sa taft avenue manila, are gone forever.
    i feel they are the number one traffic law violators in that stretch of road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast