Not sure if this should be posted in this forum or in Goon Squad. Anyhow, beg your indulgence, Mods. Kayo na po ang bahala.

Anyone in touch with the Republic of Binay? Baka pwedeng mag-request ng tulong sa intersection na ito?

For those not familiar with the place, the corner is a major chokepoint, additionally so from 9pm onwards. But the latter point is another story.

What I'd like to call attention to is the traffic coming from Makati Ave and P Burgos. Those are 4 lanes merging into 3 at the corner. Shouldn't be too big a deal, EXCEPT:
1) the Y merge has vehicles coming from P Burgos who want to take a left, therefore a criss cross,
2) the Y merge has vehicles coming from Makati Ave who want to take a right, therefore another criss cross,
3) the traffic light alternates between a Left turn, then a Go.
4) the usual jeepney violations

I don't think there's much you can do with 1 and 2, unless you do some re-routing and lane division. I don't think the City has the political will to set things straight with 4. But I think they can work on 3 by making the traffic light a simultaneous Go for both Left turners and those going straight.

What happens is those from P Burgos who want to turn left are bottled up by those going straight and cannot move even with the Left turn light on Go. When the light turns Green for the ones going straight, the ones from P Burgos will eventually move forward and block them out.

I would think with the simultaneous Go, even if there is criss crossing, there's a quicker flow.