New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not sure if this should be posted in this forum or in Goon Squad. Anyhow, beg your indulgence, Mods. Kayo na po ang bahala.

Anyone in touch with the Republic of Binay? Baka pwedeng mag-request ng tulong sa intersection na ito?

For those not familiar with the place, the corner is a major chokepoint, additionally so from 9pm onwards. But the latter point is another story.

What I'd like to call attention to is the traffic coming from Makati Ave and P Burgos. Those are 4 lanes merging into 3 at the corner. Shouldn't be too big a deal, EXCEPT:
    1) the Y merge has vehicles coming from P Burgos who want to take a left, therefore a criss cross,
    2) the Y merge has vehicles coming from Makati Ave who want to take a right, therefore another criss cross,
    3) the traffic light alternates between a Left turn, then a Go.
    4) the usual jeepney violations

I don't think there's much you can do with 1 and 2, unless you do some re-routing and lane division. I don't think the City has the political will to set things straight with 4. But I think they can work on 3 by making the traffic light a simultaneous Go for both Left turners and those going straight.

What happens is those from P Burgos who want to turn left are bottled up by those going straight and cannot move even with the Left turn light on Go. When the light turns Green for the ones going straight, the ones from P Burgos will eventually move forward and block them out.

I would think with the simultaneous Go, even if there is criss crossing, there's a quicker flow.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post

What happens is those from P Burgos who want to turn left are bottled up by those going straight and cannot move even with the Left turn light on Go. When the light turns Green for the ones going straight, the ones from P Burgos will eventually move forward and block them out.
    dapat bawal mag-left-turn ung mga galing ng burgos. alangan na rin kasi ung location ng merge point para makalipat sila dun sa inner most lane.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Not sure if this should be posted in this forum or in Goon Squad. Anyhow, beg your indulgence, Mods. Kayo na po ang bahala.

Anyone in touch with the Republic of Binay? Baka pwedeng mag-request ng tulong sa intersection na ito?

For those not familiar with the place, the corner is a major chokepoint, additionally so from 9pm onwards. But the latter point is another story.

What I'd like to call attention to is the traffic coming from Makati Ave and P Burgos. Those are 4 lanes merging into 3 at the corner. Shouldn't be too big a deal, EXCEPT:
    1) the Y merge has vehicles coming from P Burgos who want to take a left, therefore a criss cross,
    2) the Y merge has vehicles coming from Makati Ave who want to take a right, therefore another criss cross,
    3) the traffic light alternates between a Left turn, then a Go.
    4) the usual jeepney violations

I don't think there's much you can do with 1 and 2, unless you do some re-routing and lane division. I don't think the City has the political will to set things straight with 4. But I think they can work on 3 by making the traffic light a simultaneous Go for both Left turners and those going straight.

I would think with the simultaneous Go, even if there is criss crossing, there's a quicker flow.
    Hahaha, I can feel you boss. Sakit sa ulo at nakaka-alta presyon talaga ang area na yan. Pero wala na tayo magawa, republic ng kampon ng kadiliman yan dyan.

I by-pass that area and cross the bridge at Rockwell, kahit minsan medyo matraffic din, ay mas civilized ang flow ng traffic. Wala kasi mga jeep.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    O nga eh. The other bridge crossing may be tight, but mas may flow. Oh well.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    One time brownout so walang traffic light. 11PM na pero it took me more than an hour to get from Jupiter to the bridge. Since then EDSA na ako all the time to San Juan. Slow pero moving.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    One time brownout so walang traffic light. 11PM na pero it took me more than an hour to get from Jupiter to the bridge. Since then EDSA na ako all the time to San Juan. Slow pero moving.
    What I hate about Edsa naman is Guadalupe. I can't f-ckin fathom how the MMDA cannot solve this bottleneck while it is in their frontyard. I mean the rest of Edsa is as messy once you have that many buses, but in this case, andyan na mismo sa harap nila!

Makes you wanna miss that BF guy. How to keep the buses in line? Semento na mataas...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Makes you wanna miss that BF guy. How to keep the buses in line? Semento na mataas...
    lagyan ng fence ung bus lane