The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    NLEX current toll fee from Balintawak to Mexico (90 kms) exit: P145
    SLEX proposed toll fee from Nichols to Calamba (40 kms) exit: P142

NLEX EC Tag: P1,300 with 500 pesos load
    SLEX EPass: P2,500 without load

Ano meron sa kanila at laki ng difference?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Because SLEX management sucks!

Lugi ka when you always use the Nichols-Alabang stretch dahil sobrang overpriced at ang trapik pa dahil sa Skyway construction.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    +1 on management. I've been complaining about this for a long time, but nobody has understood. We're paying the most per kilometer of any tollway in the Philippines.

For the second-to-worst service (I think STAR might be the worst.)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    +1 on management. I've been complaining about this for a long time, but nobody has understood. We're paying the most per kilometer of any tollway in the Philippines.

For the second-to-worst service (I think STAR might be the worst.)
    I agree, STAR toll fee from Sto. Tomas to Batangas city exit is P59 pesos, where the road construction is not properly done(uneven) and only one lane.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Wala talagang kwenta management ng SLEX. Last Sept. 2009 we had an accident sa SLEX south bound near Mamplasan exit. Gabi siya at madilim sa area and I'm running 90kph when suddenly a long foreign material(parang metal railings) appeared in front of me and I had no choice but to run it over which caused severe damage to my car's front tire, bumper and driver side door. After the incident we immediately reported sa nearest toll exit and the roving guards checked the area pero wala "daw" yung metal dun. Then I reported sa nearest police station and the next morning nagpunta kami sa main office ng management. Imagine sagot nung head security nila wala daw sila magagawa dahil walang evidence nung metal at lagi naman daw may nag iikot sa mga areas. Sabi ko, "anak ng...... hindi pa ba evidence yung nangyari sa sasakyan namin?!?! Eh pano kung may ibang nadamay at may nasaktan??? Dun lang kayo gagawa ng aksyon???" Saka the fact na nagbabayad tayo ng toll eh dapat responsibility nilang panatilihing safe ang dadaanan natin. Almost 70K nagastos namin sa pagpapaayos.

Anyway until now wala silang ginawa at pinagdasal na lang namin sila....

Sorry at napahaba. Share ko lang :-)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between driving north and south, i choose the north any day of the week.

James Deakin has also been long bringing up the issue on charging vehicles with bikes mounted on roof carriers being "Class 2" on SLEX (while on NLEX, walang kaso). In fact he gave an update today on Philippine Star: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=72

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

With those proposed toll, grabe talaga ang SLEX....

Pero, ang laki pala ng mahal ng epass nila, compared with NLEX.... :twak:

10.6K:horse:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lancy09 View Post
    NLEX current toll fee from Balintawak to Mexico (90 kms) exit: P145
    SLEX proposed toll fee from Nichols to Calamba (40 kms) exit: P142

NLEX EC Tag: P1,300 with 500 pesos load
    SLEX EPass: P2,500 without load

Ano meron sa kanila at laki ng difference?
    The entire stretch of NLEX (Balintawak-Sta. Ines) is just around 88kms. Nasa 70kms or less lang siguro ang Balintawak-Mexico.

But never the less, mas mahal pa rin toll fee ng SLEX.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    while SLEX was being repaired about a year ago, pa exit na ako ng susana height, w/o warning may chipped-off edge ng asphalt road, too late to break, dinaanan ko, sabog 2 goma ko, wasak 2 mags ko. nag complain ako sa SLEX pero wala din nangyari.
    badtrip SLEX, pangit ng kalye, ang mahal ng toll, nagpamahal lang yung mga electronic billboard at camera nila. yung mga tulay nila may mga hati sa gitna na tinapalan, i dont know it this is even a standard sa mga tumatakbong oto running on 80kph.. sana lagyna nalang ng tren sa gitna ng SLEX mas nakabuti pa siguro, pwera lang kung tumirik ang tren,..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Since I work in Batangas, SLEX has my daily drive from the Metro for the last 8 years or so (Yes, I survived the time it was being rehabilitated). Last weekend, I did NLEX-SCTeX to Subic. This is the first time I got a chance to compare both tollways after the rehab. NLEX is definitely much better. Smoother, lanes wider, road markings very visible, signs/fonts uniformed. Is it because the French built the NLEX and us pinoys build the SLEX?

Sulit ang bayad sa NLEX/SCTEX even with the toll increase/VAT. It's a pain to be paying almost 400% more for SLEX.

Perhaps if SLEX (Mates) opens the extension/link to STAR, maybe I'll change my mind. Laking ginhawa para sa akin.
    Last edited by Radical!; August 13th, 2010 at 03:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
SLEX vs NLEX toll rate