New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i slex-ed!

went south, passing at ground level all the way, at about 1 pm. traffic was moving fine.
    but i saw that the northbound traffic was already between alabang and san pedro.

going back at past 9, no unusual northbound traffic.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i slex-ed!

went south, passing at ground level all the way, at about 1 pm. traffic was moving fine.
    but i saw that the northbound traffic was already between alabang and san pedro.

going back at past 9, no unusual northbound traffic.
    By 1PM - they opened the skyway steel ramp at Alabang via duct southbound so south traffic was flowing well....
    But northbound was very very slow.... I was caught in that slowmotion "frenzy" yesterday, same time....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tiis-tiis lang 6 weeks lang naman daw pala eh.

Pabayaan niyo si Kags ma stroke sa galit niya sa South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Tiis-tiis lang 6 weeks lang naman daw pala eh.

Pabayaan niyo si Kags ma stroke sa galit niya sa South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "armchair motorist."

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    SB at-grade traffic kanina rush hour was very smooth even though outermost lane closed.

Why? Because Hillsborough off-ramp was closed (though a friend mentioned traffic was bad at the elevated section going to the steel ramps / South Station).

2 lanes at the Alabang viaduct dedicated for the steel ramps.

2 pile boring machines doing their work now at the closed section.

NB traffic was the usual "Friday night rush hour" tail-end just after Susana Hts.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    SB at-grade traffic kanina rush hour was very smooth even though outermost lane closed.

Why? Because Hillsborough off-ramp was closed (though a friend mentioned traffic was bad at the elevated section going to the steel ramps / South Station).

2 lanes at the Alabang viaduct dedicated for the steel ramps.

2 pile boring machines doing their work now at the closed section.

NB traffic was the usual "Friday night rush hour" tail-end just after Susana Hts.

a friend that commutes daily between Biñan and Makati says they now always take the at-grade level going home to Biñan. The skyway is always worse now daw.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    a friend that commutes daily between Biñan and Makati says they now always take the at-grade level going home to Biñan. The skyway is always worse now daw.
    Skyway South is bad because of the queue at toll plaza and only two lanes after that....

Slex South will be more tolerable as the number of lanes is reduced from 3 before Sucat to 2 somewhere after that, all the way to the Alabang viaduct...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Going south to Mamplasan, where is traffic flow more tolerable / faster? At-grade level or Skyway level? I'm getting conflicting advise. Some say at-grade, some say skyway (if steel ramp is open). What's the verdict, good sirs?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    Going south to Mamplasan, where is traffic flow more tolerable / faster? At-grade level or Skyway level? I'm getting conflicting advise. Some say at-grade, some say skyway (if steel ramp is open). What's the verdict, good sirs?
    Going south:

Weekdays - before 12noon, try your luck at the skyway; 12noon to 4pm - Slex or sky; after 4pm, try your luck at Slex
    Saturday - good luck
    Sunday - your choice of luck

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Going south:
    ~
    Saturday - good luck
    Sunday - your choice of luck
    exactly. lalo na pag madaming truck, like today. makati to atc was 52 minutes on the at-grade level, but we exited at sucat and took the west service road again. we exited at sucat because the bottleneck was just too crap. we also pretty much stayed on the right-most lane from bicutan. pero di ko lang naisip na tignan... saan ba yun bottleneck? could we have re-entered slex right away or farther down pa yun bottleneck?

EDIT: to add, sa northbound direction, traffic starts at san pedro area na before caltex when i passed by an hour ago.
    Last edited by roninblade; February 22nd, 2020 at 03:59 PM.