New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: should the MMDA's Traffic Coding Scheme be removed permanently?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Removed

36 65.45%
  • Kept

11 20.00%
  • Undecided

4 7.27%
  • Don't care

4 7.27%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Should the MMDA's Traffic Coding Scheme be removed permanently in Metro Manila?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Just my own opinion, if I may that is, dapat tanggalin na lang. We're fully aware that a lot of cars even * their coding days leave at home and venture the road outside the window period yet gets away with it (well, at times). Plus, people buying a backup car in case their primary car is in its coding day is another problem. I don't think implementing traffic coding significantly reduces traffic

Carpooling seems to be a wise option but unfortunately most of the time in here your neighbor's child doesn't go the same school as yours (possible your child's school is in Alabang while the other is in Mandaluyong). Add to that the crab mentalism existing in our society.

The problem moreso here in the Philippines is not entirely in vehicle volume but the "usi" trait when a road accident happens, terribly maintained roads (to the point that you really have to brake hard at times to avoid dipping your rubber to a road hole), PUV's loading passengers even up to the middle lane (and to think this happens most of the time in the entire stretch of EDSA), parking when they should only LOAD and UNLOAD, reliance on manpower without stopwatches to handle traffic on intersections, and the list goes on... tsk...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    For me, MMDA's coding scheme is govt's way of punishing the poor. all u need to have is a 2nd car with different plate number ending to get away with it. they should come out with a system that will level the playing field.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    of course it should!

It's merely a workaround to the real problem in the Philippines: Poor Urban Planning. It's like that little boy with his finger stuck in the crack in the dike, sooner or later its still gonna burst.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    imo it should be retained to at least help alleviate the traffic we all are facing especially during rush hour...

carpooling is great hope it woks, there should also a lane for bicycle to promote less traffic, goood health, and prevent accidents if they have their own lane=)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, the MMDA's coding scheme has outgrown it's effectiveness. It was first thought up during the rush to build all those "fly-overs" to help decongest traffic along the major roads like EDSA. Unfortunately it seems to have become a "solution" of sorts for the MMDA. The problem is today, more and more people have spare cars for those coding days which end up nulifying the traffic reduction goals of the scheme.

I really think the MMDA should really consider removing it. Congested areas are still congested with or without the traffic scheme. Example is the area in front of La Salle Greenhills along Ortigas Ave, the main problem there is the number of cars PARKED waiting for the students. Another daily problem is EDSA/Guadalupe , it seems the MMDA can never solve the problem of busses waiting and filling up two lanes of the "bus" lanes.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    they should have it removed na lang. There's still traffic anyway. What we need is effective public transportation.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i think it would be a better idea to strictly implement safety regulations. honestly, ang daming mga kotse na mawawala sa kalye if they start apprehending run-down vehicles (smoke belchers, tagilid na bus, vehicles with no side mirrors, etc). parang law of supply and demand, yung mga gusto lang talaga or kailangan lang talaga ang gagamit ng kotse because of the maintenance costs. i think the increase in vehicles due to the removal of coding will be offset by the decrease of run-down vehicles on the road. less accidents also (which, incidentally, are another cause of traffic jams)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    should be removed and implement strictly traffic rules and regulations, ang dami ng batas na hindi napapatupad ng maayos, sa mga puv/pub at private cars na rin. strict implementation ng batas ang kailangan.....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think it is alright if it is retained....

BUT....

the government should also do their promote other forms of public transportation and hasten the completion of these projects. Like the one in Pasig River, I hope it goes online next year.

We also need more rapid transit (so that I would be encouraged to use trains whenever I need to leave my house in Bel-Air Makati and go to La Salle in Taft).

More acessible public transportation. Take a look at Singapore and Malaysia. The entire land mass is connected by train links.

Seriously we need a rapid transit revolution as well.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
should the MMDA's Traffic Coding Scheme be removed permanently?