New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: should the MMDA's Traffic Coding Scheme be removed permanently?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Removed

36 65.45%
  • Kept

11 20.00%
  • Undecided

4 7.27%
  • Don't care

4 7.27%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    pwede bang remove na din si binay?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wala pang suitable na pamalit eh. Si Lito Lapid balak nila ipanlaban eh ano ba naman alam non. napaka-delicate ng Makati City para ipahawak kung kani-kanino lang esp dun sa mga walang alam. Although i'd like some changes, i prefer status quo as of now kung si Lapid din lang. Baka mamaya bumagsak pa economy natin. Delikado mga negosyo natin.

Ok sana kung si Bayani Fernando, at least yon, proven na performance and may utak talaga.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    I think we should keep the number coding scheme until the public transport system is improved.
    Don't you mean scrap the number coding scheme until commuting is much less scary and of a hassle? People are complaining about this because our public transport is unsafe and inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    I don't agree that it is undemocratic (huh??). The govt has a right to regulate the use of vehicles. If it needs to "ration" "road use", then it should do so.
    For crying out loud, there's an anomaly with regards to our road tax. If the government simply used it to build more streets, flyovers whatsoever, we wouldn't even have to resort to reducing vehiclular count. Having paid for what they asked for, I should have the right to use my car whenever I please.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    For crying out loud, there's an anomaly with regards to our road tax. If the government simply used it to build more streets, flyovers whatsoever, we wouldn't even have to resort to reducing vehiclular count. Having paid for what they asked for, I should have the right to use my car whenever I please.
    At the very least, if they kept our streets well maintained with the Road User's Tax we pay them, we probably would have better (and safer) flowing traffic. With all the potholes and moon craters we have on our main thoroughfares, plus the lack of even simple road lines, it's virtually impossible to have a straight traffic flow. Add to that, the Filipino penchant for creating an imaginary lane for one's sole use.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Bell 430 FTW

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mejo marahas sa marami nating kababayan pero para sakin i-abolish na ang mga jeepney. Busses tsaka taxis nlng. Yung color coding very minimal ang effect pero at least meron kahit papano. Ang disadvantage ng coding e yung mga may pera bibili ng isa pang kotse para lang may pang sub, so ganun din matraffic pa rin.

Ayusin din dapat ang traffic code!

Palakihin ang sweldo ng mga pulis para wala na silnag dahilan para mangotong.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Palakihin ang sweldo ng mga pulis para wala na silnag dahilan para mangotong.
    naiisip ko nga rin minsan na baka kaya walang pakialam ang ibang mga pulis/mmda sa traffic eh dahil sila mismo eh di makabili ng kotse... pero kung na experience din nila ang hassle ng pagdrive sa traffic eh siguro mas gaganahan silang hulihin ang mga traffic violators...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Remove! Useless Lng. Improve The Roads Na Lng.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's just too much cars in MNL, they should discourage car use and improve public transpo.

Play SimCity, you'll see the cause and effect for both hehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    better to keep the color traffic scheme, it has both advantages and disadvantages.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
should the MMDA's Traffic Coding Scheme be removed permanently?