New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Curious lang kami ni cast baka kasi panibagong raket ito. May kasabihan nga, sundan mo ang isang kotse eventually magkakaron ng violation yan lol.

Bottom line hindi maganda ang ginawa ni TS, pero hindi ka pa rin pwede hulihin at sentensyhan sa hindi mo pa nagagawa.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Curious lang kami ni cast baka kasi panibagong raket ito. May kasabihan nga, sundan mo ang isang kotse eventually magkakaron ng violation yan lol.

Bottom line hindi maganda ang ginawa ni TS, pero hindi ka pa rin pwede hulihin at sentensyhan sa hindi mo pa nagagawa.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    sa pakiwari ko'y ganito yan..
    sisitahin ang sasakyan, kahit wala pang ginagawang di-karapat-dapat.
    paghinto, madaling gagalaw ang mata ng apprehending person at hahanap ng violation. the un-latched seatbelt is a common finding. the beachwalk sandals may be another. kung wala pang makita, hihingin ang papeles de sasaqyan. kung wala pa rin, pa-aalisin na.
    now, what are the chances that something will be found wanting?

he can follow me until he runs out of gas. "mabibigo lang siya."
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 2nd, 2016 at 11:02 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by luis_ View Post
    Yes based on RA 8750.

"Private motor vehicle are required to wear or use their seat belt devices while inside a vehicle of running engine on any road or thoroughfare"
    Hassle din pala ito, so I have to wear my seatbelt when taking quick naps while parked in Makati side streets (engine and A/C on).

Well, it would be a good habit nga to put your belt on before you switch the engine on and belt off after engine off.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers07 View Post
    Hassle din pala ito, so I have to wear my seatbelt when taking quick naps while parked in Makati side streets (engine and A/C on).

Well, it would be a good habit nga to put your belt on before you switch the engine on and belt off after engine off.
    Yes. What if a speeding vehicle bumps into your vehicle while you are parked. Lipad ka from the windshield.

I don't get why people can't wait to take their seatbelts off. I feel naked without it. I have to admit that I don't wear one when seated at the back. Only my maternal Lola does that he he.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    whatever else people say about the seatbelt...
    it IS a restraint. to almost everything one wants to do. the natural response is to remove it.
    i still have this gadget clip that i attach to the upper part of the belt, beside the pillar. it gives the belt some slack, making the restraint easier, and still be belted.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 2nd, 2016 at 11:21 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Yes. What if a speeding vehicle bumps into your vehicle while you are parked. Lipad ka from the windshield.

I don't get why people can't wait to take their seatbelts off. I feel naked without it. I have to admit that I don't wear one when seated at the back. Only my maternal Lola does that he he.

then you should also start practicing wearing it when sitting at the back. it doesn't make you any safer if you're at the back.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifan View Post
    then you should also start practicing wearing it when sitting at the back. it doesn't make you any safer if you're at the back.
    is it a requirement, that back passengers wear seatbelts?
    ...doesn't make you any safer...?" then why did the manufacturer spend good money to have them installed?
    i believe rear seatbelts help keep the passenger safe, in the event of a crash.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 2nd, 2016 at 11:43 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is it a requirement, that back passengers wear seatbelts?
    ...doesn't make you any safer...?" then why did the manufacturer spend good money to have them installed?
    you misinterpreted my post sir. what i mean is you should indeed wear them while sitting at the back, since sitting at the back without wearing one does not make one safer, but most passengers think they are.

my second statement should have been "it doesn't you make you any safer if you're at the back (and not wearing a seat belt)". i assumed it would already be interpreted as such since i already made the first statement. my apologies for the confusion.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

You probably have higher chance of getting rear-ended while moving than while parked. So I have to agree with him, strap it up.

I always require my kids to put their belts on everytime they're inside the car, front or rear seats man sila.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yes I know. I'm not sure if it's a good thing that I am rarely seated at the back (always drving myself)

I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I think not all vehicles in the 70s had seatbelts at the back?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast