New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Balikpinoy View Post
    I had to do an impromptu road trip yesterday from Laguna to Cabangan Zambales and back.

Best route to Subic would be exit San Fernando/Megadike/Porac...however I missed the Megadike road and used the Porac/Guagua road instead to reach the Porac SCTEX Interchange.

Barely no one was on SCTEX around 2pm yesterday.

On the way back, after surviving above ankle floods in my Honda Jazz in the Zambales towns of San Felipe, San Marcelino and Castillejos, we used suggested SCTEX/Porac Exit/Friendship Hwy/S. Clark on to Nlex. Again, nobody was on SCTEX at 10pm.

Its quite a hassle as the Friendship Hwy is heavily used by dump trucks and was quite rutted in certain sections.
    Madali nga ma-miss yung Megadike turn-off na yan if you're not too familiar. But once you're on it, straight to Porac na yan.

Friendship Highway is okay except at some portions but yes, daming truck pag gabi. This is my favorite route though when i come from Clark and go to San Fernando.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di pa ba tapos i-repair? Scheduled ako to go to iba zambales on sept 4. Traffic pa naman sa olongapo gapan road dami construction.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Di pa ba tapos i-repair? Scheduled ako to go to iba zambales on sept 4. Traffic pa naman sa olongapo gapan road dami construction.
    So mga Bosing hindi ba best dumaan sa Olongapo-Gapan road sa day time trip papunta Balanga Bataan? SCTEX pa rin ba ang fastest way exit via Dinalupihan? Salamat.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nizm127 View Post
    So mga Bosing hindi ba best dumaan sa Olongapo-Gapan road sa day time trip papunta Balanga Bataan? SCTEX pa rin ba ang fastest way exit via Dinalupihan? Salamat.
    Sirs, I always use the San Fernando Highway and I enter SCTEX via Dinalupihan. Difference in travel time is negligible (for me) and mas tipid sa toll fees. I travel to Zambs regularly hehe (once or thrice a month).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Is the temporary bridge done? Need to drive back to Zambales this weekend.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    As of two days ago...hindi pa passable ang Clark South exit to Subic. Best bet for you OG road then turn right to Porac town and exit ka sa Porac exit towards Subic.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    As of two days ago...hindi pa passable ang Clark South exit to Subic. Best bet for you OG road then turn right to Porac town and exit ka sa Porac exit towards Subic.
    Di ba adviseable megadike road?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i was at subic yesterday, i asked the sctex staff and they told me mga 2 weeks pa daw.

megadike pinaka mabilis na daan. weekly din kasi ako sa subic kaya na daanan ko lahat ng road na naka post dito ever since nasira yung sctex. megadike talaga pinaka mabilis at maganda na daan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    A oo nga pala, mas mabilis at simple ang megadike road...then labas ka ng porac exit

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mabilis lang sa megadike.

Wag lang siguro dumaan dun pag gabing-gabi/madaling araw. Nakakatakot eh.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
SCTEX Porac, Pampanga impassable