New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Sobrang labo niyan 1st pic kasi marami sign sa Makati yung first arrow pwede left turn and straight tapos sa next arrow naging straight nalang. Kaya minsan takaw-huli.
    I always drive in Makati. You always have ample time and space to move over. Kung late ka na umalis ng papa-kaliwa or kanang lane, then it's really on you.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    may video yung foreigner dati dyan bro. kumikitang kabuhayan nila yun, parang sa maynila may street doon na kahit nasa middle lane ka, dapat kumaliwa ka. O_o
    Sa Quirino yan going to SSH. 1 lane lang yung straight, the rest turning left

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I always drive in Makati. You always have ample time and space to move over. Kung late ka na umalis ng papa-kaliwa or kanang lane, then it's really on you.
    Yes boss may ample time pa naman pero nakakalito lang kasi yung 2nd arrow nasa solid lane na. Example yung pagbaba ng Buendia Flyover (BGC) turning left sa Paseo. Yung 2nd lane from the left ganyan scenario. Pero most of the time pinapalusot lang.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Most of the time, not always, road arrows tells you what you're allowed or not allowed to do on a lane.

These signs, of course, are self-explanatory. If you wiggle out of it at the last moment, you will get apprehended.
    these surface signs are easy to see, if there's no traffic.
    impossible to see, if traffic is bumper to bumper.
    woe to the stranger to the area...

there's one such at the leftmost lane on northbound taft avenue, before p faura. daytime traffic there is usually bumper to bumper.
    one arrowhead going straight, and one turning left.
    naninita the TEs those on that lane who go straight. i can not believe the TEs do not know such surface signage exists there.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    familiar road na kasi sayo as you said your always here, and you probably have not tried driving here ng rush hour, madami din ganyang mga style sa buong metro, at laging may nag aabang na yan sa "trap" a few meters away.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    these surface signs are easy to see, if there's no traffic.
    impossible to see, if traffic is bumper to bumper.
    woe to the stranger to the area...

there's one such at the leftmost lane on northbound taft avenue, before p faura. daytime traffic there is usually bumper to bumper.
    one arrowhead going straight, and one turning left.
    naninita the TEs those on that lane who go straight. i can not believe the TEs do not know such surface signage exists there.
    There are other telltale signs on where a particular lane is going. Signages, the way traffic lights are arranged... the three cars in front of you with their blinkers on.... just to name a few.

Granted, there's almost no thought given to our local road traffic signages in their design, but as I've said, you can still pick up cues from around you so you won't end up with a ticket.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    There are other telltale signs on where a particular lane is going. Signages, the way traffic lights are arranged... the three cars in front of you with their blinkers on.... just to name a few.

Granted, there's almost no thought given to our local road traffic signages in their design, but as I've said, you can still pick up cues from around you so you won't end up with a ticket.
    good for you, sir, but
    obviously, "you are not a stranger to the area".
    strangers to the area are so acute of all sensory inputs, they sometimes end up, confused.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 28th, 2019 at 12:14 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    may video yung foreigner dati dyan bro. kumikitang kabuhayan nila yun, parang sa maynila may street doon na kahit nasa middle lane ka, dapat kumaliwa ka. O_o
    Aurora cor v. mapa.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Aurora cor v. mapa.

Notorious yang area na yan. Lagi may bantay jan. Instead na ayusin traffic, nakabantay lang sila dun sa poste ng LRT2 at naghihintay ng magcocommit ng traffic violation.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Notorious yang area na yan. Lagi may bantay jan. Instead na ayusin traffic, nakabantay lang sila dun sa poste ng LRT2 at naghihintay ng magcocommit ng traffic violation.
    Mismo.
    Mandate ng mtbp is mang huli first. Ayos traffic later. Heheh

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Aurora cor v. mapa.

Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    hahaha ang gagaling nyo mga bros! [emoji23][emoji28][emoji1787]

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast