New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you in favor for the removal of all the humps by the MMDA?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 1.18%
  • no

2 1.18%
  • Yes

2 1.18%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe/undecided

1 0.59%
  • Yes

1 0.59%
  • No

3 1.78%
  • yes

6 3.55%
  • no

6 3.55%
  • WHO CARES!

2 1.18%
  • Yes

1 0.59%
  • No

1 0.59%
  • Maybe

2 1.18%
  • Euro Version

10 5.92%
  • U.S. Version

2 1.18%
  • Yes

12 7.10%
  • No

4 2.37%
  • Sometimes?

9 5.33%
  • Regularly?

8 4.73%
  • Not at All?

22 13.02%
  • Dial-up

6 3.55%
  • DSL

7 4.14%
  • Cable

2 1.18%
  • Leased-Line

0 0%
  • Yes

1 0.59%
  • No

4 2.37%
  • Half

3 1.78%
  • Rebolusyon (orgranized rallies etc)

0 0%
  • Legal options at kausapin ang oil players

3 1.78%
  • Ipatira mga oil players sa mga NPA/Abu

1 0.59%
  • Mag-bike na lang tayo (kaso lang walang safe na daan para sa bikes)

0 0%
  • Yes

7 4.14%
  • No

2 1.18%
  • Yes

4 2.37%
  • No

1 0.59%
  • Yes

7 4.14%
  • No

3 1.78%
  • YES

18 10.65%
  • NO

4 2.37%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe.. dun sa Town and Country sa Marcos Hway.. yung mga humps nila.. wala pang 10 meters apart!.bwahahah.. langya... pamatay!...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am in favor, if yung daanan is for public use. but i really don't agree if the humps are located in front of schools, churches, playgrounds, etc where safety of children are at risk.

what i would suggest MMDA (or BF at that) kung papakinggan nila ito is to standardize the size and yung length ng humps to a standard one, if those are located at those place i stated above. ang nakakabagal kasi ng takbo ng traffic is yung pagtalagang pagkataas taas ng humps na you really have to go on a full stop just to get over it. pwede na rin nilang pinatahan yung mga humps para visible at night.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga peeps.... ala ng humps sa white plains, inalis nong weekend.. inalis na ata lahat pati papunta edsa la na rin..... ang linis ng daan dere deretso ang takbo....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm. i wonder if the street racers would go back dyan sa corinthians stretch going to white plains from edsa... i think that is the reason back then kaya nagkaroon ng humps dyan eh...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i wish i remove din o bawasan yung mga humps along friendship route sa las pinas. puro kambal and maliliit na matataas eh.

tsaka yung sa aguire avenue sa bf paranaque.

pero i think its not possible eh. private roads tung mga to.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AC
    in favor po ako to remove humps sa buong metro manila... but sana may ipalit sila... like sa canda... there's this... white lines on the streets... w/c means... make a full stop before passing through sa intersection if ur going through a main road... para alam mo kung saan may mga cars mabilis... ndi ka magugulat... specially... if hindi mo kabisado ang mga daan... like sa new manila... meron mga main road na ndi gano kalaparan... baka... magkaroon ng maraming aksidente pag ndi humihinto mga kotse dun...

btw... napansin ko... kagabi... wala ng humps sa wyt plains aheheheh dumaan ako... inaabangan ko ng tapakan breaks ko... tataka ako... layo ko na... wala parin humps... then napansin ko yung black marks... hehe.. pinagtangalan ng humps
    di pwede yan sa pinas!! kung red traffic light nga.. go go go pa rin!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    YEp, i favor removing the most of the unneeded humps.

With regards to the humps on White Plains Avenue coming from EDSA, i think they should have left one hump. The one near the Corinthian Gardens gate on the Temple Drive bound side. A lot of cars that are coming from White Plains that head towards Temple Drive make a u-turn there. It became a bit more dangerous now that the cars coming from EDSA dont have to necessarily slow down because the humps in that intersection was removed.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    cguro standardize height, n distances between humps.

meron kalye sa QC every 10 meters me humps. kanya kanya pang size/height

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd expect traffic flow to improve considerably at white plains... pero dapat nga nilang i-monitor yung lugar na yan for illegal drag racing.

kiper18,

yan na nga ang problema e. but that shouldn't be a reason not to start disciplining the driving population...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    YEp, i favor removing the most of the unneeded humps.

With regards to the humps on White Plains Avenue coming from EDSA, i think they should have left one hump. The one near the Corinthian Gardens gate on the Temple Drive bound side. A lot of cars that are coming from White Plains that head towards Temple Drive make a u-turn there. It became a bit more dangerous now that the cars coming from EDSA dont have to necessarily slow down because the humps in that intersection was removed.
    eh di maglagay sila ng harang para sa mga mag-uu-turn katulad nung ginawa sa edsa.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Removal of all the humps by the MMDA, are you in favor?