New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Should this not also be addressed on the building regulations? Buildings are subject to certain parking ratios but developers try to get exemptions; new houses are granted building permits but they don't have parking provisions or only have one parking garage (if you ask me, a small home should always have at least two parking slots).
    I agree. In our village/homeowner's deed of restrictions you are told to provide "ample parking spaces" when you build. This rule has been a challenge to implement. It became a mere "suggestion." My neighbor across the street, who just built his house and moved in had a 2-car garage built, but he has 7 cars and two L-300 closed vans. He conveniently parks them in front of his house. But what about "responsible" neighbors who follow rules?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    For motorists weaving through these side streets that have been converted into impromptu parking spaces, driving through is a delicate task that has to be taken slowly and gingerly. "Makitid yung daan, mahirap na pag nasagi kami pa ang mali," a jeepney driver complained.
    OT... but

I find this part a bit funny because they quoted a jeepney driver in the 2nd part hehe.

A) Yung Jeepney usually yung nakapark sa makitid na daan, hindi pa sagad sa sidewalk
    B) Sila yung humihinto sa gitna ng daan o alanganin sa lane, making "driving through [our roads] a delicate task that has to be taken slowly and gingerly"
    C) Pag sila yung nakasagi, wow -- at least umaamin hehehe (pero kamot ulo lang din).

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    This is excellent but... it's always on the implementation where the problem lies. You only need to submit an affidavit stating that you have a parking space. Who would actually validate and approve? Another lagay sa LTO in the making?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    finally, a hint that our congressmen have brains after all.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    dapat i tow lahat nang nakapark sa sidewalk.. lalo na sa major roads..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shok View Post
    This is excellent but... it's always on the implementation where the problem lies. You only need to submit an affidavit stating that you have a parking space. Who would actually validate and approve? Another lagay sa LTO in the making?
    IMHO no need to create a new law on this Proof of Parking thing. Every town just need to have multitude of tow trucks which will tow all vehicles along public roads without any driver regardless of reason. Ginawa nila yan dito sa amin sa laguna at lumuwag nga mga kalsada.... kaso ningas kugon lang.
    Brutal but effective.
    Regarding establishments/buildings with no parking space, well that's a different issue.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ok tong bill, just need to iron few exemptions and how to implement.

The big question is, sino implementing agency nito? Hula ko eh ang napaka galing na ahensya na LTO! Asa pa bang maayos na maipapatupad to?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Hmmm. . .another law with no teeth?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12